What am I doing wrong?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

civilleader

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am studying for my step 2 ck, and I am wondering why things are so discordant. I have a 70% on USMLE, a 67% on Qbank yet I made only a 480 on the NBME 2. I feel like for my USMLE I should be doing much better, and I feel like the NBME had far more management that U world.

I have 1.5 months left for the test. I made a 231 on Step 1.

Any suggestions about what to do?
Using step up and Yale G.

Members don't see this ad.

So I am studying for my step 2 ck, and I am wondering why things are so discordant. I have a 70% on USMLE, a 67% on Qbank yet I made only a 480 on the NBME 2. I feel like for my USMLE I should be doing much better, and I feel like the NBME had far more management that U world.

I have 1.5 months left for the test. I made a 231 on Step 1.

Any suggestions about what to do?
Using step up and Yale G.

If you aren't cheating (and only you know if you are) and you've done most of the questions (because 70% on one block doesn't count) and you've done them in random combined mode (testing the sections of GI medicine you just read about also does't count) then NBME2 is a fluke.

iF you have a "70%" because you are cheating in tumor mode or doing questions in the section you just studied, you are falsely elevating your percent correct, and thus the "more like the exam" NBME is a real reflection of your potential.

What are you doing wrong? Using Yale G. Or falsely elevating your Uworld Score.