What am I to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptran

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My dillema is that I received a C in my introductory biology course. The policy of retaking a class at my school is that it has to be a C- or lower, i can still take it but the C will not be 'replaced' Should i
retake the classes?

Medical school is very competitive and good grades are
essential to even thinking about geting in. Starting off with a C is
not great for my transcript. what should i do?Should I just focus
on doing better on the second semester intro. bio. course.?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry about it, many people get C's when they first start off college. Just concentrate on your future classes. Plus aamcs just averages the retake grade with ur original, so might as well not retake it and take it a different class in its place.

Originally posted by ptran
My dillema is that I received a C in my introductory biology course. The policy of retaking a class at my school is that it has to be a C- or lower, i can still take it but the C will not be 'replaced' Should i
retake the classes?

If the C will not be replaced, then you might as well just move on. If you could somehow retake it and have the score replaced (as opposed to having, say a C and a B for a course, but rather just a B) I would retake it. But it seems as if its best just to move on.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a C+ in intro bio... no big deal. I've still gotten plenty of acceptances, so I don't think it's something you should be concerned about at this point, particularly if you improve your grades to predominantly B+s/A-s/As in the premed/science courses (especially in upper level bio classes) in the future. The most important thing is to not let this one grade affect your confidence in future classes. Put it behind you and move on.

Seriously! Did you not watch Sesame St.? "C is for cookie and it is good enough for me." Simple words you should live by. Calm down, have a shot and start worrying about Spring Break coming up. You college kids are so blessed to have Spring Break and all you keep worrying about is a C in Biology. Seriously. Get a life or get prozac, whatever calms you down.

A C really isn't going to kill you. You're a freshman, you're going to make mistakes, and you're going to take harder classes. If you have the time and inclination, then retake it over the summer. If you don't want to go that route, take other, higher-level biology classes and rock them. The beauty of your situation is that you ARE in fact a freshman, and your GPA is salvagable.

And above all have a good time in college! :clap:

Best of luck to you!

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
:confused:

No. My comment was solely for the OP.

Don't give me that innocent school girl look with your Avatar. You are trolling my posts. +pissed+

Originally posted by doctorcynical
Seriously. Get a life or get prozac, whatever calms you down.

Well some people should just get BOTH.

Ignore him Sweet Tea (as if you didn't know that already). Since DC refused to move himself to the Lounge where he belongs I suggest we all resort to the ancient practice of shunning.

SHUN THE TROLL!!!!

Originally posted by citygirl
Ignore him Sweet Tea (as if you didn't know that already). Since DC refused to move himself to the Lounge where he belongs I suggest we all resort to the ancient practice of shunning.

SHUN THE TROLL!!!!

CityGirl why are you trolling my posts.

Originally posted by citygirl

SHUN THE TROLL!!!!

:laugh:

but something tells me the lounge doesn't want him either...

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
:laugh:

but something tells me the lounge doesn't want him either...

Absolutely right you are!!! At least in the Lounge the newbies wouldn't think he is serious and keep responding to his SnS-alter-ego-construct threads and comments.

Have a nice day Sweet Tea.

Originally posted by ptran
retake the classes?

it wouldnt be replaced by AMCAS anyway so it wont make a difference either way. I'd rather take a upper level science and get an A

thanks everyone for the advice and support. this forum/community is great. expect to see me here often:D