What and How to study

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am realizing that there is sooo much material that must bet covered for the DAT. I took all bio, chem, math etc but a lot of it is lost since I took it years ago. I.e I feel like I have to re-learn it all now, even though I did it before. The only problem I have is, should I be looking at my old orgo books, bio books, math books etc?? I just dont think I have the time for that. Or, can I rely on study guides? I am afraid i'll miss something important and thats why I was thinking to go back to my old books.

On the ADA web site it says i.e Evolution, Ecology and Behaviour (4 questions). Each of which i've done... however I don't know how to study for this... 4 questions, for thousands of pages of undergrad readings in each subject... HOw do I know what to study.

Please help. I am frustrated.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am realizing that there is sooo much material that must bet covered for the DAT. I took all bio, chem, math etc but a lot of it is lost since I took it years ago. I.e I feel like I have to re-learn it all now, even though I did it before. The only problem I have is, should I be looking at my old orgo books, bio books, math books etc?? I just dont think I have the time for that. Or, can I rely on study guides? I am afraid i'll miss something important and thats why I was thinking to go back to my old books.

On the ADA web site it says i.e Evolution, Ecology and Behaviour (4 questions). Each of which i've done... however I don't know how to study for this... 4 questions, for thousands of pages of undergrad readings in each subject... HOw do I know what to study.

Please help. I am frustrated.

You should be frustrated, we all are, trust me.
If you feel your old books do a better job explaining then go for it (especially for O-chem IMO).
As for bio, too many old books. Gen Chem is basic enough to just use new DAT books.