What are my chances? 3.8 GPA, 507 MCAT, URM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoctorDrange

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’d love some feedback on my school list and chances in general.

Stats:

3.8ish cGPA
3.6ish sGPA
507 MCAT (125/129/124/129)

Extracurriculars:
150 Hours Non Clinical Volunteering at Suicide Hotline
25 Hours Clinical Volunteering at Hospice Care Facility
125 Hours Clinical Volunteering at Physical Rehab Center for elderly
50 Hours chemistry research with local poster presentation
President of social science club on campus (my major)
Leader of social science simulation for my university at state capital

Awards:
Finalist for highest award at my undergraduate institution (recognizes academic and extracurriculars)
Winner of highest award for my major at undergraduate institution (social science)
Group award for national social science conference (wasn’t a leader but apart of the group)

Other:
African American Male
Illinois Resident (8+ years in southern Illinois, the rest in the Chicagoland area)
Non-Traditional

Current School List:

Howard

Meharry

Michigan state

Morehouse

SIU

Tulane

University of Louisville

Ohio state

Rosalind Franklin

University of Illinois

Drexel

Geisinger commonwealth

Georgetown

Loyola university

New york medical college

UCLA Drew

Slu

Pitt

Tuffs

Emory

Wake Forest

Brown (reach)

Dartmouth (reach)

Northwestern (lol. But seriously, was a throwaway in order to verify my app without a MCAT score)

Is this a solid list? Am I missing anything?

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add any of these schools:
Miami
George Washington
Jefferson
Kaiser
Einstein
Cincinnati
Medical College Wisconsin

You should receive several interviews from your list. You could add any of these schools:
Miami
George Washington
Jefferson
Kaiser
Einstein
Cincinnati
Medical College Wisconsin
Thank you so much! I will certainly add some if not all of those schools to my list. One more question. My dream is to stay in Chicago, and UChicago and Northwestern are dream schools for me. Are these total pipe dreams that would be a waste of time/money to send a primary/secondaries to, or do I have any shot there as an Illinois resident?

Thank you so much! I will certainly add some if not all of those schools to my list. One more question. My dream is to stay in Chicago, and UChicago and Northwestern are dream schools for me. Are these total pipe dreams that would be a waste of time/money to send a primary/secondaries to, or do I have any shot there as an Illinois resident?
They are worth applying to as reaches.

Reactions: 1 user