What are my chances and what do I do now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pyruvate090205

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my MCAT score today and I'm completely heartbroken. I got a 501 (124, 124, 128, 125). lol I wish they all could have been as good as the bio section. Which is funny because I felt like that was one of the harder sections. My GPA isnt killer, either. Both are 3.36. If it's worth anything, I had a weird situation that caused low grades one semester my sophomore year and I've had a over 3.5 GPA since that point

Anyway, I was planning on solely applying to Osteopathic schools but now I doubt that's even possible. Any suggestions? Do I even stand a chance at a DO? Thanks in advance for responses
 
Yup, lethal for MD, but OK for DO. But skip AZCOM, CCOM, Western and the coastal Touros. I can't recommend LUCOM.


Got my MCAT score today and I'm completely heartbroken. I got a 501 (124, 124, 128, 125). lol I wish they all could have been as good as the bio section. Which is funny because I felt like that was one of the harder sections. My GPA isnt killer, either. Both are 3.36. If it's worth anything, I had a weird situation that caused low grades one semester my sophomore year and I've had a over 3.5 GPA since that point

Anyway, I was planning on solely applying to Osteopathic schools but now I doubt that's even possible. Any suggestions? Do I even stand a chance at a DO? Thanks in advance for responses