Hi, Congratulations on your mcat score that's super impressive!
-I am also planning on applying next June so take this suggestion with a grain of salt. With everything I am reading on SDN is suggesting you need more service hours. My hospital volunteering experience didn't give me a ton of hands on patient care so I would look at something were you are interacting with people.
-For me that was spending time at camps with children and adults with physical and mental disabilities and chronic and life-threatening illnesses, has been my niche. If you like working with kids I recommend looking into the serious fun network. But I have seen other people spend time at nursing homes, with hospice, at the YMCA, Ronald McDonald House, Americorps, helping the homeless, tutoring intercity kids, helping at schools, etc . It just boils down to your passions or interests. Make sure its something you
want to do and you can talk about it! Also I would try to find something that you can start now and continue through your gap year, so you show a certain level of dedication to it.
-Also I am unsure how valid this is but my premed adviser recommends students having at least 100 if not 150 hours of shadowing with a few different specialties.
-With your GPA / MCAT disparity I am unsure which schools would be on your list beyond applying to your state schools, Sorry!
Also if you haven't read Goro's general guide it is really helpful!
Goro's guide to applying to med school (2018 version)
Good luck!!!