1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

What are my chances? :D

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DividedByZero, Jun 2, 2008.

1. DividedByZero

DividedByZero Junior Member

Dental Student
    So here's another what are my chances thread... here goes.

AA 19
    TS 19
    PAT 19
    RC 18
    GC 22
    OC 18
    BIO 19
    QR 18

GPA 2.99
    SciGPA 2.82
    Cali Resident

I know.. ouch.

Applying: BU, Tufts, NYU, ALL CALI SCHOOLS, Temple, Howard, Meharry, Marquette, VCU, WVU, Midwestern, UNLV, Indiana

The big debate I have in my head right now is whether or not to retake the DAT and risk having a late application. Which would be better you think? Late app or slightly better DAT score?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zerconia2921

Zerconia2921 Bring your A-game!

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hmm hard to tell man if i could read the future i would say dont worry but to be on the safe side just take more classes yea? Raise gpa ur scores arent bad but we all could improve somthing it just the matter of decidng what to do. Stay positive and dont let negative voices get you down. peace.

4. airsimon

Dental Student
    Definitely take more classes (especially science) this summer and next fall to push your GPA above a 3.0. If you Ace all your classes you could get some interviews... but I wouldnt be surprised if your interviews were after the Academic Update period when schools could see your new grades.

Submit your application, but a DAT retake would also be smart to do.

Best of luck

5. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    Get your GPA over that 3.0 mark first, then retake the DAT. Try to shoot for nothing below a 22.