What are my chances for matching into general surgery ?

Started by A7laam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

A7laam

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

In need of Advice. I am a 3rd year US medical student. I REALLY want to do general surgery. I am an average student. My stats are: pass/high pass my 1st and 2nd year courses and Passed all the clerckships so far. Step 1 214, have not taken step 2 yet but studying really hard for it. I did some research, no puplications. I really do not care where I get in , as long as it is a decent program. Your honest opinions and reasoning is GREATELY appreciated.


Thanks,

------
 
Same boat... 3rd year. US med school. 222 step 1 hoping for way more step 2 (will not cram just for the last month and have significantly improved studying). Killing (in a good way) rotations now. Interested in GS, EM, IM. Rural/community programs ONLY - academic hospitals just aren't my thing.