What are my chances for Stanford Surgery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctor.what

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I’m from a mid tier MD school waiting on CK results but I had a 238 on Step 1, honors surgery, and I have a few posters, but no research specifically in surgery. Stanford is my dream program, but I’m worried my stats aren’t good enough. What do you think my chances are?

Members don't see this ad.

Why Stanford? Anywhere in surgery should be your dream lol

EDIT: Not b/c of your grades specifically lol, just that surgery is so difficult to start

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not really possible with that app honestly, unless you have some super heavy hitter in your corner who personally knows the PD at Stanford surgery they can call for you.

Why Stanford? Why such an academic program when you don't have any surgery research?

Reactions: 2 users
So I’m from a mid tier MD school waiting on CK results but I had a 238 on Step 1, honors surgery, and I have a few posters, but no research specifically in surgery. Stanford is my dream program, but I’m worried my stats aren’t good enough. What do you think my chances are?

I wouldn’t discount yourself just yet. Sounds like your a rising MS3 and still have a year left to apply. Might be time to get that X factor you need. Did you end up going to BU? If so, how did you do surgery rotation already?

I wouldn’t discount yourself just yet. Sounds like your a rising MS3 and still have a year left to apply. Might be time to get that X factor you need. Did you end up going to BU? If so, how did you do surgery rotation already?
No, I go to a school in the Midwest.

Reactions: 1 user