• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW

What are my chances for Stanford Surgery?

doctor.what

5+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2015
So I’m from a mid tier MD school waiting on CK results but I had a 238 on Step 1, honors surgery, and I have a few posters, but no research specifically in surgery. Stanford is my dream program, but I’m worried my stats aren’t good enough. What do you think my chances are?

About the Ads
A

AnatomyGrey12

Not really possible with that app honestly, unless you have some super heavy hitter in your corner who personally knows the PD at Stanford surgery they can call for you.

Why Stanford? Why such an academic program when you don't have any surgery research?

Reactions: 2 users

Miles Gloriosus

“ME-lace” not “Miles”
10+ Year Member
May 6, 2008
  1. Attending Physician
So I’m from a mid tier MD school waiting on CK results but I had a 238 on Step 1, honors surgery, and I have a few posters, but no research specifically in surgery. Stanford is my dream program, but I’m worried my stats aren’t good enough. What do you think my chances are?

I wouldn’t discount yourself just yet. Sounds like your a rising MS3 and still have a year left to apply. Might be time to get that X factor you need. Did you end up going to BU? If so, how did you do surgery rotation already?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.