What are my chances of getting into a Physical Therapy program???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LVL

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be applying to DPT schools in the next few months and I just some help easing my nerves... with the help of complete strangers.

Cum. GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Observation hours: 200+ (still in progress)
Extra: I'm the president of my school's Pre-PT Club... and in various other organizations

Honestly, it's my GPA that's freaking me out a bit... I feel like you have to have a 3.8 to be competitive.
What do y'all think??? Do I have a solid chance?
Does anyone have any tips as far as making your app/personal statement stand out?

Members don't see this ad.

You shouldn't be worried at all. Good GPA, lots of hours (make sure you get some variety), good ECs, don't know what your GREs are but I am sure they are or will be good.

You'll definitely get in somewhere, high chance that it'll even your top choice, but definitely somewhere.

I'm going to be applying to DPT schools in the next few months and I just some help easing my nerves... with the help of complete strangers.

Cum. GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
Observation hours: 200+ (still in progress)
Extra: I'm the president of my school's Pre-PT Club... and in various other organizations

Honestly, it's my GPA that's freaking me out a bit... I feel like you have to have a 3.8 to be competitive.
What do y'all think??? Do I have a solid chance?
Does anyone have any tips as far as making your app/personal statement stand out?

In my opinion, you have a pretty solid application so far that will get you into plenty of schools. It'd be best if your cumulative GPA was a bit higher, but your 3.7 pre-req GPA helps that out. GRE scores will be pretty important for you.

You shouldn't be worried at all. Good GPA, lots of hours (make sure you get some variety), good ECs, don't know what your GREs are but I am sure they are or will be good.

You'll definitely get in somewhere, high chance that it'll even your top choice, but definitely somewhere.
The school I am currently applying to (and my #1 choice) does not require a GRE. But I'll be taking it late summer/early fall for other school applications.