General Admissions & OTCAS What are my chances of getting into any OT program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tionna101

Reaction score
Hello I applied to these schools for OT. Boston University, UNC Chapel-Hill, University of Pittsburgh and NYU. Can you guys let me know if I am a competitive applicant, my undergraduate gpa so far is a 3.8, but my cumulative gpa from OTCAS is a 3.04 it should go up this semester. I am a research assistant and have 30 hours of volunteer experience. I have 1 LOR from an OT, two from my professors and one from the department of my major. It has been really hard to do volunteer hours because of COVOID, and all the schools I applied for the GRE is waived. I am also afraid that my GPA is to low to qualify for scholarships. I am from North Carolina so, I would have to pay out of state tuition. My EFC is extremely low I cannot afford that.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello I applied to these schools for OT. Boston University, UNC Chapel-Hill, University of Pittsburgh and NYU. Can you guys let me know if I am a competitive applicant, my undergraduate gpa so far is a 3.8, but my cumulative gpa from OTCAS is a 3.04 it should go up this semester. I am a research assistant and have 30 hours of volunteer experience. I have 1 LOR from an OT, two from my professors and one from the department of my major. It has been really hard to do volunteer hours because of COVOID, and all the schools I applied for the GRE is waived. I am also afraid that my GPA is to low to qualify for scholarships. I am from North Carolina so, I would have to pay out of state tuition. My EFC is extremely low I cannot afford that.

Hello I applied to these schools for OT. Boston University, UNC Chapel-Hill, University of Pittsburgh and NYU. Can you guys let me know if I am a competitive applicant, my undergraduate gpa so far is a 3.8, but my cumulative gpa from OTCAS is a 3.04 it should go up this semester. I am a research assistant and have 30 hours of volunteer experience. I have 1 LOR from an OT, two from my professors and one from the department of my major. It has been really hard to do volunteer hours because of COVOID, and all the schools I applied for the GRE is waived. I am also afraid that my GPA is to low to qualify for scholarships. I am from North Carolina so, I would have to pay out of state tuition. My EFC is extremely low I cannot afford tha
I think youre fine! :) however, i dont understand how you have such low gpa on OTCAS bc mine didnt seem to change much.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you ! I think OTCAS also includes retaking a class , most colleges and universities do grade replacement.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)