theptgirl24
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, So I'm kind of nervous about applying to DPT school but the time has finally arrived for me to start applying in July. Here is a background of me
Degree: AA in Pre-Physical Therapy, and B.S of Recreational Therapy and Rehabilitation Science
GPA Undergrad: 3.56
Prereq GPA: About 3.3
Inpatient Observation Hours: 2,000 (includes Wound care, MBS & FEES test with speech therapy, splints with OT)
Outpatient: 1,000 ( I've shadowed at three clinics and I currently work at one as a tech so more is to come)
I have a few letters of recommendation.
After I graduated with my bachelors I had a few more pre reqs to take so I took them at a community college in my city. I got a C in biology my Summer semester of 2021 and a C in Anatomy and Physiology Fall 2020. I will be retaking them in the fall because I just got done taking Chem 2 this spring semester and I need a break from school right now. I don't plan on taking GRE but I may have to so I'm in the process of studying for it now.
Do you think I have a clean shot? I feel like I need more. I plan on applying to The University of Miami, Emory University, University of Alabama, and maybe NOVA and the University of St. Augustine.
Degree: AA in Pre-Physical Therapy, and B.S of Recreational Therapy and Rehabilitation Science
GPA Undergrad: 3.56
Prereq GPA: About 3.3
Inpatient Observation Hours: 2,000 (includes Wound care, MBS & FEES test with speech therapy, splints with OT)
Outpatient: 1,000 ( I've shadowed at three clinics and I currently work at one as a tech so more is to come)
I have a few letters of recommendation.
After I graduated with my bachelors I had a few more pre reqs to take so I took them at a community college in my city. I got a C in biology my Summer semester of 2021 and a C in Anatomy and Physiology Fall 2020. I will be retaking them in the fall because I just got done taking Chem 2 this spring semester and I need a break from school right now. I don't plan on taking GRE but I may have to so I'm in the process of studying for it now.
Do you think I have a clean shot? I feel like I need more. I plan on applying to The University of Miami, Emory University, University of Alabama, and maybe NOVA and the University of St. Augustine.