What are my chances? Please read.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jambalaya

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I attended a UC as a biology major.

MCAT: 28 < ____ < 33

overall GPA: between 3.4 and 3.8

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is "UC"? California? Cincinnati? Colorado?
usually when people say "a UC" they mean one of the University of California campuses. When people refer to U of Colorado, they typically call it CU. Cincinnati has only 1 campus, so they say "I attended UC."

Members don't see this ad :)
I attended one of the University of California campuses.

usually when people say "a UC" they mean one of the University of California campuses. When people refer to U of Colorado, they typically call it CU. Cincinnati has only 1 campus, so they say "I attended UC."

That's what I figured, but I wasn't completely sure. Thanks for pointing out that for University of Colorado though - didn't know that. I think I was just used to see people specify which California campus they attend.

@OP: I think you have a fair shot although most schools within CA will be tough because of your GPA and MCAT. They are not bad, but CA schools tend to be very heavy on numbers since so many applicants have numbers.

Should I mostly be applying to schools in California and private schools out of state? Any public out of state schools or not a chance?

Should I mostly be applying to schools in California and private schools out of state? Any public out of state schools or not a chance?

You are really asking a broad question. Do you have MSAR? Do you know any medical school that you want to apply? It surprises me how little people provide to ask these questions. The better the questions you ask, the more answers you will find.