Aug 20, 2017
Status
  1. Dentist
i did my dental school outside USA and then i got me second DDS from international dentist program in USA, i have a good GPA and class rank, i did 4 years OMFS residency outside USA, no internship in USA, NBME is 58, i am only applying for 4 years omfs programs, do i have a chance????

Phidippides

fi-dip'i-deez
7+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2010
Status
i did my dental school outside USA and then i got me second DDS from international dentist program in USA, i have a good GPA and class rank, i did 4 years OMFS residency outside USA, no internship in USA, NBME is 58, i am only applying for 4 years omfs programs, do i have a chance????

Sounds pretty good.

What about doing a prosthodontic residency and doing all of your own all on four cases: from surgery to restoration?!!!

Or doing an ortho residency and doing all of your own orthognathic surgery?!!!!

omfsing

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Resident
7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2013
Status
  1. Medical Student
  2. Resident [Any Field]
  3. Dentist

Honestly, your best chance of getting into an omfs program is retake your cbse and try to get a 70+. Also look into internships. Good luck

Oct 24, 2017
Status
  1. Academic Administration
You have a chance. But as the above responder said your application would be strengthened by a higher CBSE or an internship. Also your citizenship/visa status is something the programs might consider.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads