what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bk0816

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took PCAT last Friday and I was disappointed with my score. I'm thinking about to take it again on september.. :(

verbal 12
bio 92
reading 9
chem 99
QA 99
composite 92
(English is not my first language, BUT I still expected around 40-50% on both verbal and reading..)
UCLA graduate
cGPA ~3.5
sGPA ~3.4
hospital volunteer 1 year
full-time pharm tech experience since May, 2015

I want to apply U of Arizona, Midwestern U (AZ), Roseman, U of Colorado, U of Utah, U of Washington, and some California schools.. (Yes, I am California resident)
I want to hear any opinions about my pcat score and stat, whether it is necessary to retake it or not.
And do you think I can get any interview invitations??

Members don't see this ad.

I can't really comment much on most of the schools, but as far as I know UW ask for 100 TOEFL, a required English test for international student applicants. You said English is not your first language, so I don't know what your status is, even though you are Cali resident, I'm not totally sure if you will need to submit TOEFL. 100 TOEFL score is pretty high, so if your English is not sufficient enough, I'm not so sure about your chance with them. Most West coast schools do require high English score.

I just took PCAT last Friday and I was disappointed with my score. I'm thinking about to take it again on september.. :(

verbal 12
bio 92
reading 9
chem 99
QA 99
composite 92
(English is not my first language, BUT I still expected around 40-50% on both verbal and reading..)
UCLA graduate
cGPA ~3.5
sGPA ~3.4
hospital volunteer 1 year
full-time pharm tech experience since May, 2015

I want to apply U of Arizona, Midwestern U (AZ), Roseman, U of Colorado, U of Utah, U of Washington, and some California schools.. (Yes, I am California resident)
I want to hear any opinions about my pcat score and stat, whether it is necessary to retake it or not.
And do you think I can get any interview invitations??

Some schools require that each section above a certain minimum. I would research that yourself. If that school doesn't have that policy I would immediately apply as a 92 composite is awesome!

Some schools I applied to had us write an essay during the interview day. We were told that the essay was exclusively testing our English skills and not graded on content.

I don't know about the other schools but UW requires a 25 or above in Bio, VA, RC, and QA. I know you QA and Bio are good but I don't know if they would take the VA and RC. I would suggest you talk to them and see about it. Good job on the other three sub-tests though. I know they require the TOEFL for non-US citizens, so if you are an US citizen you don't need to worry about that.