redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
I'm no moderator but "what are my chances" questions should be posted here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/post-your-chance-me-threads-here.1203197

In any case, some schools have already sent out interview invites so it may be a bit too late. For USC and Western, you still have a chance.

Do you have any subsections below 3.0? like your science or Biology/Chemistry/Physics GPA? Many schools have a cutoff where they autoreject your app if you have and GPA subsection below 3.0

Did you go to like UC Berkeley, Cal Tech, or UCLA or something? You have an insane TS but your school's science department must've been super cutthroat....

blablabla1

2+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2015
I'm no moderator but "what are my chances" questions should be posted here http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/post-your-chance-me-threads-here.1203197

In any case, some schools have already sent out interview invites so it may be a bit too late. For USC and Western, you still have a chance.

Do you have any subsections below 3.0? like your science or Biology/Chemistry/Physics GPA? Many schools have a cutoff where they autoreject your app if you have and GPA subsection below 3.0

Did you go to like UC Berkeley, Cal Tech, or UCLA or something? You have an insane TS but your school's science department must've been super cutthroat....
OP, it is not too late to apply, it's only the beginning of August and a lot of schools haven't even sent out the initial round of invites yet. Your DAT scores are stellar and if you have good EC's, they should make up for that low GPA.

Last edited:

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
You consistently give people bad advice. OP, it is not too late to apply, it's only the beginning of August and a lot of schools haven't even sent out the initial round of invites yet. Your DAT scores are stellar and if you have good EC's, they should make up for that low GPA.
Thank you for calling me out on a public forum! Stay classy :cat:

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Don't wage war against each other! XD. I'm guessing your a cali resident? You did an awesome job on the DAT! You probably went to a really hard school. I think you should apply to a few more schools though, 4 is a low number for just about anyone! I don't think it's too late. Deadlines are usually december or so for a lot of places.

Reactions: Incis0r

redhotchiligochu

D3
2+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2016
USA
Status
Dental Student
Don't wage war against each other! XD. I'm guessing your a cali resident? You did an awesome job on the DAT! You probably went to a really hard school. I think you should apply to a few more schools though, 4 is a low number for just about anyone! I don't think it's too late. Deadlines are usually december or so for a lot of places.
Absolutely! I try to play it off cool, no offense taken :)

I'm surprised that my advice is misguided, but OP, it's up to you! Everyone has differing advice and options. Ultimately it is up to you to decide. You CAN still apply, but your chances would have been greater if you did it much earlier, back in June or even July. Not saying you have NO chance, but it is diminished regardless.

array

2+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2016
Texas
Status
Pre-Dental
Personally, I don't think it's too late to apply. You're definitely leaning towards the late side, but if you have your PS and LORs ready to go, then just submit your app ASAP. I think you still got a shot, since your TS and AA is good!

DJI

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I applied on Nov 27th and recieved 4 interviews... so yes, there's always a chance.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I applied on Nov 27th and recieved 4 interviews... so yes, there's always a chance.
Damn that's late! How many did you apply to? And nice to see you again xD

DJI

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Damn that's late! How many did you apply to? And nice to see you again xD
Nice to see you again too! How'd the DAT go? Have you written yet?

I applied to 7 schools btw

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Nice to see you again too! How'd the DAT go? Have you written yet?

I applied to 7 schools btw
Yeah look at my sig! Don't you notice a second score there? It went much better!

gangazi

2+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student
I would definitely apply if I were you

joker937

UCLA SOD 2021
2+ Year Member
May 25, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Your DAT scores are pretty good, although your PAT is a bit on the low side. I would say don't consider LLU since I hear they reject you if it's not over 3.2. It's just one of their requirements.

DJI

2+ Year Member
Jan 16, 2016
Status
Dental Student