Medical What are my chances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
New here... Will try to keep it short. If anyone who has been accepted or knows someone who had similar numbers, please give some advice!
Graduated with a cumulative 3.78GPA. (3.71 Science and 3.89 "all other"). I want to apply this cycle because I do not think my life will allow more time off to study for this MCAT ever again... I scored 505 on FL1 and FL2. I study for a few hours after work every day and took off 2 weeks (exam next Saturday) to grind 12+ hours a day. I will take FL3 on Wednesday.
I know everyone will say "thats a bad study habit blah blah" I work 50+ hours a week so I have no choice. Anywho... with my GPA, I also have over 3000 clinical hours with half being from a scribe in the ER and the other half (my current job) as a dermatology tech assisting in Mohs Surgery (****ing crazy exposure actually numbing, cauterizing, removing sutures, bandaging etc...) I was the President of two organizations on campus while in college and have hundreds of community service hours at local churches, blood drives, elementary schools, etc. I think my experience is my stand out point, but the MCAT is really screwing me. I score 126-128 on all sections and then consistently below 125 on CARS. **** CARS.... idk how to get better.
I have to work to survive and am not fortunate to have Daddy take care of me. I cannot just quit my job to study. Is there ANYONE out there who was in my similar boat when applying? My dream is to go to USUHS (military) or take the HPSP scholarship anywhere else I get accepted. I want to apply to MD only.
Also, any last minute studying advice? Thanks everyone!
Life is in shambles... never been so stressed out in my life over a ****ing exam that could actually make or break my entire life.
Chances impossible to determine without a real MCAT score.

You sound like you need to take some time off from this. Med schools aren't going where.

Do NOT take the exam, even if it means skipping an app cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

My question I guess is what my real chances would be of an acceptance if I got a 505 on the MCAT with all the other information I will have on my application.
A 505 is fine for any DO school, your state MD school if you live in a lucky state, and maybe 10-15 MD schools. Most of those are service driven, so have plenty of service to others in your app. You'd be competitive for Uniformed Services University/Hebert

Status
Not open for further replies.