What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lllih

Reaction score
International Student
Female
Stats
- GPA: 4.00
- MCAT: 513 (127/128/129/129) on 8/7/20 - (1st MCAT: 511 (130/123/128/130 on 7/7/20)
took twice just to bring up CARS
Volunteering: around 600 hours
--> Reach Out and Read
--> Cancer center ICU
--> volunteer tutor for urban school-going children
Research: around 1500 hours
2 publications (3rd and 4th author) in a journal with low impact # --> clinical research
--> currently working on 2 more manuscripts in a neuroscience lab (however probably will not be in top 3 authors) and thesis statement in psychiatry lab (that my mentor wants to submit for publication)
--> will be presenting 2 posters this November at the conference for psychiatry lab
Leadership
--> President of Pre-medical Honors Society AED (former vice-president)
--> was secretary of another pre-medical organization
--> member of PhiDeltaEpsilon and Dean's Student Leadership Society (interact with donors and alumni etc)
Employment
--> Tutor
--> Student Orientation Leader
--> desk clerk at housing (did not mention in application)
Shadowing - 90 hours
pediatrician, transplant surgeon, radiologist

Applied to schools that accepted at least 2 or 3 international students in the past years and who do not ask for escrow account; I know that there are many schools in the list that are very less likely will accept me, just decided to try

Boston University
Case Western
Columbia
Duke
Emory
Dartmouth
Georgetown
Harvard
Howard
Icahn
Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
Jefferson
Stanford
SUNY Upstate
Brown
Tulane
UCLA
U of Chicago
U of Colorado
U of Connecticut
U of Virginia
Vanderbilt
West Virginia
Yale
UC Davis

Members don't see this ad.

UC davis has heavy in-state selection, even more so regional to Nor-Cal Residents. So you might want to remove that one unless you have significant ties to the area!

UC Davis admitted only one non resident last year. Howard accepts applicants from the African American community or those with much service to that community.You should subscribe to the MSAR and find out which schools matriculated at least 3 international students and concentrate on applying to those. St. Louis, Medical College Wisconsin, Tulane, Virginia Commonwealth and New York Medical College are schools you could add.

Members don't see this ad :)
UC davis has heavy in-state selection, even more so regional to Nor-Cal Residents. So you might want to remove that one unless you have significant ties to the area!
yeah, probably will take that out. Thank you for your advice!

Reactions: 1 user
UC Davis admitted only one non resident last year. Howard accepts applicants from the African American community or those with much service to that community.You should subscribe to the MSAR and find out which schools matriculated at least 3 international students and concentrate on applying to those. St. Louis, Medical College Wisconsin, Tulane, Virginia Commonwealth and New York Medical College are schools you could add.
yeah, I have got MSAR and wanted to add St.Louis, MCW and NYMC, however, they require proof that you have 4-year tuition in the bank account and some even want you to deposit that 4-year tuition - so I cannot really afford that. VCU unfortunately does not accept non-Canadian international students.

Anyway, thank you!