CCEMTP2DOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Michigan
Status
Pre-Medical
I will throw out some facts and let me know what you think, and where should i improve. I am 38, will graduate next June. I will have 13 years experience as a paramedic. I have ACLS,PALS, PHTLS, AND BCLS certificates.
My GPA will be ~3.5 science and ~3.7 overall. I have not taken the MCAT yet, but the practice tests I have taken would indicate 25-27(taking material still to be covered into consideration). I will become a doctor, but would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

PJ1120

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Yes u will become a doctor. U have good grades, good experience, MCAT i'm sure u'll do well based on practice tests. U'll get in somewhere

mandar

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2004
Status
FUTR_DR said:
I will throw out some facts and let me know what you think, and where should i improve. I am 38, will graduate next June. I will have 13 years experience as a paramedic. I have ACLS,PALS, PHTLS, AND BCLS certificates.
My GPA will be ~3.5 science and ~3.7 overall. I have not taken the MCAT yet, but the practice tests I have taken would indicate 25-27(taking material still to be covered into consideration). I will become a doctor, but would appreciate any advice. Thanks.
You have excellent chance of getting into DO school. I think you will get into your top choice because nothing can beat the life experiences you would have had.

skypilot

2K Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2002
Beantown
Status
Attending Physician
Whaddaya worried about? You should have no problem as long as you do ok on the MCAT.

Terpskins99

Fear... The Stig
10+ Year Member
Mar 8, 2005
Status
Resident [Any Field]
FUTR_DR said:
Looks like you're set as it is. A slightly higher mcat score would help you secure a position at pretty much every DO program (and more than a couple solid MD programs as well). Also, make certain to obtain solid rec letters (preferably from a DO physician).