What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doclm

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. :)
I have a 3.8GPA, a 20MCAT (9BS,7PS,4VR), and about 7 years of good medical experience. I have worked 5 years as a CNA and 1.5 years at the Mayo Clinic as a Laboratory Technologist. I initially was going attend a MD/DO medical school. However, after looking at the field of Podiatry this past year, I think a DPM fits me the best. I like the variety of options and balance that this specialty has to offer.
What are my chances of getting accepted?
Today I am applying to Ohio, Florida, and Chicago.
Also, do they have secondary applications that need to be filled out?
How soon do you hear back for interviews?

Thank you so much for your help,

Luke. ;)

Members don't see this ad.

doclm said:
Hello,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice. :)
I have a 3.8GPA, a 20MCAT (9BS,7PS,4VR), and about 7 years of good medical experience. I have worked 5 years as a CNA and 1.5 years at the Mayo Clinic as a Laboratory Technologist. I initially was going attend a MD/DO medical school. However, after looking at the field of Podiatry this past year, I think a DPM fits me the best. I like the variety of options and balance that this specialty has to offer.
What are my chances of getting accepted?
Today I am applying to Ohio, Florida, and Chicago.
Also, do they have secondary applications that need to be filled out?
How soon do you hear back for interviews?

Thank you so much for your help,

Luke. ;)

I think your chances are pretty good. Your MCAT is a little lower than average (not by much), but your GPA is a good bit higher. Chicago will acknowledge receipt of your application by e-mail almost immediately, but will require that all of your recommendations be received before they will set up a date for an interview. Florida will offer you an interview by e-mail within a day or two of recieving your application, but they will want you to bring any recommendations and a letter from a podiatrist with you to the interview if they have not already been mailed. They don't have secondary applications.

Applying early makes a really bi difference to them. It shows that you want to make podiatry a profession, not that you will take it as a last resort when you are turned down by the medicasl schools. Podiatry classes are filling up sooner than ever these days with some pretty good candidates applying early.
Plus, if you want to get in on the scholarship money, you also need to apply early.

Good Luck!