What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choctawdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a URM (Native American).
GPA: 3.2
BCPM:3.0
MCAT:pending in April
Work Exp: R.N., US Coast Guard Reserve
Exc:SGA Senator, Founder of Native American Community Advocacy, Full Scholarship Recipient
Showed more than 10 MD and 2 DO, Summer Medical Education Program at Univ. Alabama,
Great Personal Statement

Members don't see this ad.

at DO schools...great w/ 25+ MCAT
at MD schools...decent with 28-29+ MCAT, great with 30+ MCAT

study hard! honestly your ethnicity is going to help you alot, there's no beating around that bush. your GPAs are lower than avg so what you need to do is make up for it on the mcat. how many options you have will ride on that. i suggest EK materials in combo w/ your old textbooks and the AAMC practice tests 4-8 starting in january.

good luck!!

Native American = in like Flynn. Look at the stats on AMCAS website; not many native americans go to med school. You could prolly get into MD if you wanted to unless you're set on DO...

crys20 said:
at DO schools...great w/ 25+ MCAT
at MD schools...decent with 28-29+ MCAT, great with 30+ MCAT

study hard! honestly your ethnicity is going to help you alot, there's no beating around that bush. your GPAs are lower than avg so what you need to do is make up for it on the mcat. how many options you have will ride on that. i suggest EK materials in combo w/ your old textbooks and the AAMC practice tests 4-8 starting in january.

good luck!!
Thanks I really appreciate the post. I just bought the EK audio Osmosis and study package. I also have another question....I am in Physics 1 and Organic 1 now and I have not taken General Bio yet should I skip Organic 2 and thke the Bio next semester and then take Orgo 2 in the summer?