What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bschwen1

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 3.4 GPA overall GPA and a 3.2 science GPA but am bringing it up soem becuase I have a year and ahalf left of school and all the hard classes are mostly behind me. I go to a reputable college and Have a lot of Extra curriculars and health care experience and good LORs. I got a 26 on the MCAT and plan on applying to WVSOM, OUCOM, PCOM, and VCOM. WVSOM is my top choice. Do I need to retake the MCAT?
Thanks for the honest input.

Members don't see this ad.

bschwen1 said:
I have a 3.4 GPA overall GPA and a 3.2 science GPA but am bringing it up soem becuase I have a year and ahalf left of school and all the hard classes are mostly behind me. I go to a reputable college and Have a lot of Extra curriculars and health care experience and good LORs. I got a 26 on the MCAT and plan on applying to WVSOM, OUCOM, PCOM, and VCOM. WVSOM is my top choice. Do I need to retake the MCAT?
No, your MCAT is fine. Get the GPA up a little bit and you will be in good shape.

bschwen1 said:

You should be good to go, just dont slack off for your last year and a half. I was recently accepted to WVSOM and it is likely that I will be going there for fall 2006. Let me know if you have any questions, I will try to help.

Members don't see this ad :)
bschwen1 said:

Honestly, you aint got no shot you need 47 on the MCAT for those schools, all those schools suck. D.O.'s dont exist ok. all though i am a D.O. and love it.

ppormansdoormd said:
Honestly, you aint got no shot you need 47 on the MCAT for those schools, all those schools suck. D.O.'s dont exist ok. all though i am a D.O. and love it.

hey...you're cool.

what happend i blacked out reading that garbage

if WVSOM is your first choice..you will be fine..no need in retaking mcats..or improving your grades..just dont tank it..

dIvErDoC said:
what happend i blacked out reading that garbage

Hey! I'm a diver too! Someday when I have more $$$ I can finish my divemaster cert. :)

Sorry, had to hijack the thread. The repetitiveness kills me when the search function is working.

Yeah, Ive been certified since i was 13.... I love it. My dream is to practice somewhere where diving is close and in warm water too... (but that usually means higher malpractice insurance rates) compared to where i am from of course...

dIvErDoC said:
Yeah, Ive been certified since i was 13.... I love it. My dream is to practice somewhere where diving is close and in warm water too... (but that usually means higher malpractice insurance rates) compared to where i am from of course...

Did you ever think about diving medicine? I've looked it up - seems cool, but I would have to move from the land-locked Chicago area (I guess people dive in Lake Michigan, but I don't think they make a dry suit warm enough for me to go in!).

My best dive trip was in the Bahamas on a liveaboard, but my parents went to Belize and said it was fantastic there. Anyway, the trick is to work for a physician's group who will pay your malpractice ;)

I have identical stats to yours only one point higher on the MCAT. Thus far, I was accepted into Nova and MSU. You should be fine. Just apply as early as possible.

You should be fine, have good EC's and recommendations and you will get in. I got into VCOM, and will be attending in August, with a 21 MCAT and 3.16 GPA. If I could do it anyone can.