What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moldovanits

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think of my chances?
no dat yet
Pre req gpa 3.0
Gen chem 1 B
Gen chem 2 C
O chem 1 C
O chem 2 A
Physics 1 C
Physics 2 A
Bio1 A
Bio2 B
Upper science gpa 3.1-3.2
Biochem 1 B
Molecular bio B
cell phys B
Immunology C/b don't know yet
microbiology B
anatomy B
physiology B
Genetics B
Volunteered at a hospital 40 hours
Shadowed an DMD for 60 hours
work study braille institute 500 hours
In process of Human Biology Degree

Members don't see this ad.

I think you need a really good DAT score to have a shot, you have a lot of C's in your prerequisites, and your GPA is below average for accepted students at, I would say, all dental schools, so you need a really good test score to stand out.

I agree with the above statement, the DAT is really important in your case. It's nice that you have alot of upper division biology classes under your belt. Maybe you should consider doing a post-bac program?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't determine chances w/o a DAT score.

Thanks guys for the replies. i might just take extra upper division courses in science to raise my sgpa. got another year to go.. whats the average dat score?

Thanks guys for the replies. i might just take extra upper division courses in science to raise my sgpa. got another year to go.. whats the average dat score?

Average of all test takers are probably around 17. However, in your case, you might want to shoot for something like 20+ to make up for your GPA.