What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kaddissa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of applying to South University and Mercer by the end of this year for 2014 Class. I have at least 5-6 classes that I am repeating for I did not receive the best of grades. Would that hurt my chances of getting accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Mercer's acceptance rate is really high and i think you might consider applying for the class of 2015 b'cus class of 2014 might be full..

Yea, admissions for the class of 2014 ceased on 2/1/10. So you will have to apply for the c/o 2015

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya, PharmCAS closed April 1st. It's way too late to apply. But you'll have an early start for the class of 2015. But yea, from what I've read, Mercer is a great school and really competitive. You may want to email them to ask if they penalize for having to retake pre-reqs.

Edit: Nvm... South is 3-year isn't it? That's prob what you meant then. South c/o 2014 or Mercer c/o 2015. My bad.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Mercer will only look at your highest grade for retakes. Forget where I heard that though.

Mercer's acceptance rate is really high and i think you might consider applying for the class of 2015 b'cus class of 2014 might be full..

It's not thattt high... 1800 applicants, 420 interviewed and 146 accepted.

I am thinking of applying to South University and Mercer by the end of this year for 2014 Class. I have at least 5-6 classes that I am repeating for I did not receive the best of grades. Would that hurt my chances of getting accepted?

I think you'll have to share some stats to really discuss your chances, but any grades you earned before retaking (including F's) are reported to PharmCAS and are calculated into your GPA. Mercer and South University both use PharmCAS. You would need to call the schools to find out if they recalculate your GPA using retakes only-

Last edited:

As long as you get As after repeating them, I dont think you should have a problem.