What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TK33

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would say your chances are pretty good for most of the five year programs, however, the four year programs are more competitive and require a MCAT of 32+

Hey! I'd really appreciate feedback as well

I'm from: New York

My country of citizenship is: USA/Republic of Ireland

Currently studying: Psychology, B.S.

At this University: State University of New York, Cortland

My GPA is: 3.38 current, ~ 3.45 estimated after graduation in December (taking many classes now, all A's expected)

My MCAT Scores were: Not Taken. Took 1 year gen chem, 1 year gen bio, stats, calc, lots of english, neuroscience, psychopharmacology, human evolution and other science courses.

Extracurricular/Awards: 400 volunteer hours at community hospital, Internship in Psychiatry @ NY Presbyterian, 2x neuroscience studies author (1 likely to be published), inducted into tri-beta bio honor society, 3x dean's list, assisting blind professor in writing a book on cognitive linguistics and a few other things I listed on my CV

I applied to: Trinity, NUIG, RCSI (5 year programs)
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

My first choice school is: RCSI

I have applied to medical schools this many times: Once, as of a few weeks ago.

Hey! I'd really appreciate feedback as well

I'm from: New York

My country of citizenship is: USA/Republic of Ireland

Currently studying: Psychology, B.S.

At this University: State University of New York, Cortland

My GPA is: 3.38 current, ~ 3.45 estimated after graduation in December (taking many classes now, all A's expected)

My MCAT Scores were: Not Taken. Took 1 year gen chem, 1 year gen bio, stats, calc, lots of english, neuroscience, psychopharmacology, human evolution and other science courses.

Extracurricular/Awards: 400 volunteer hours at community hospital, Internship in Psychiatry @ NY Presbyterian, 2x neuroscience studies author (1 likely to be published), inducted into tri-beta bio honor society, 3x dean's list, assisting blind professor in writing a book on cognitive linguistics and a few other things I listed on my CV

I applied to: Trinity, NUIG, RCSI (5 year programs)
I was accepted at:
I was waitlisted at:
I was rejected from:

My first choice school is: RCSI

I have applied to medical schools this many times: Once, as of a few weeks ago.

You've got a decent chance at a 5-year program.

I know somebody reported getting an offer (and first round I believe) from NUIG with a GPA in the 3.4s last year.