what are my changes 500 MCAT, 2.99 UGPA, 3.5 Masters gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kbmhtx

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is where I stand, I have a 500 MCAT, 496 twice in a row and 500 the 3rd time, I gave it everything I still dont undertstand why I could not score higher. I have 2 undertraguates, the frist the gpa was a 2.66 the 2nd the gpa was a 3.3, so I decided to get a masters 3.5 overall, (3.17 fall and 3.8 spring). I have over 500 hours of volunteering hours, over 2 years of CNA, a year of student scribe, and 2 years of oil field experience. I have shadowed 2 osteopathic physicans and both have agreed to write letters of recommendation.

Members don't see this ad.

Where is your state of residence ? How many in person physician shadowing hours do you have ? What are you cGPA and sGPA for your undergraduate school courses (not counting Masters) ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where is your state of residence ? How many in person physician shadowing hours do you have ? What are you cGPA and sGPA for your undergraduate school courses (not counting Masters) ?
I live in texas, overall GPA will barely be a 3.0, and I have over 200 hours of shadowing experience, 2 family medicine, and one orthopedic surgeon

Can you fill out a template? Where did you shadow DO's? Have you reached out to admissions staff and students at DO schools close by?
i have they said i neither have the best or the worst

I live in texas, overall GPA will barely be a 3.0, and I have over 200 hours of shadowing experience, 2 family medicine, and one orthopedic surgeon
It is more helpful if the information is formatted as described in the below link:

You could receive interviews at some of the newer DO schools and I suggest these:
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
LUCOM
LECOM (Erie, Elmira, Seton Hill)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
WCU-COM
UIWSOM
ICOM
BCOM
OSU-COM
KHSC-COM
Noorda-COM
Touro-Montana
RVU-Montana
Orlando (when it opens)
In the coming year take some undergraduate level science courses at a local college in order to increase your sGPA. If you need to reapply, wait until June 2025 to reapply. There will be 8 new DO schools and up to 8 new MD schools opening for the class entering in autumn 2026. So , there will be another 1,000 1st year DO positions that year and more 1st year DO positions overall available since the new MD schools will be drawing from those accepted to DO schools

Research MS, or special master Program??

If the former, I'm not sanguine as to your chances.
special masters program with a school that is affiliated to a medical school

Chances best with your host program. Fahs's list is good, but I can't recommend the brand new schools
I wont bother with the brand new school's ive seen schools during the first year refusing to interview people with above 510 mcat scores

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user