Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

What are my options?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by pdmx2002, Dec 18, 2008.

1. pdmx2002

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Well, I"m a Canadian student who have a very low GPA (2.7) and I'm graduating next semester (2009) with major in Physiology... I haven't taken MCAT.... I know that with this kind of mark, I will not stand a chance... It seems that only thing I can do at this point is doing a second degree but I don't know how much help that will do... So I just want to know if anyone is in my position, what they are doing to compensate for the low GPA and what do you guys recommend....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. J ROD

J ROD Watch my TAN walk!!
    Rocket Scientist Physician Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Have you heard about the islands, mon!

With that GPA unless you kill the MCAT 35+ and raise your GPA to around 3.2-3.3, then you are basically wasting alot of time and effort on a chance.

Plus, from what I have read, it is much harder to get into med school up there.

So, I would just go to the Caribbean and work hard. You could save yourself alot of time.

You have to ask yourself whether it would be harder to kill the MCAT and raise that GPA or battle your way through the Caribbean route.

Choice is yours. GL!