What are the general requirements for a secondary application fee waiver?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted937918

I am aware that some schools have fee waivers for secondary applications. I assume that the requirements to be eligible for these waivers vary from school to school. I'm eligible for the AMCAS financial assistance program. Are there similar requirements? Also, is there going to be an application for each school or is it something that I apply for once in AMCAS.

This is really all I could find:

"Secondary applications at allopathic schools can be just as expensive. David Wofsy, a professor of medicine and associate dean of admission at the University of California—San Francisco, estimates that they can sometimes cost as much as $100.
At his school, students who are Fee Assistance Program awardees and are asked to complete a secondary application get a deal.
"We will not charge them for their secondary application," he says. Many other allopathic medical schools follow a similar policy.
"Most of the medical schools will waive their secondary application fees for FAP awardees,” Hafner-Eaton says."

Source: https://www.usnews.com/education/be...7/cut-down-on-medical-school-application-fees

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you’ve been granted AMCAS FAP, your secondary fee will automatically be waived at most schools. Your FAP status is noted in your AMCAS application—there is no separate process for obtaining a secondary fee waiver. Of the small number of schools that don’t offer a fully waived fee, most will provide a fee discount.

Reactions: 1 user