What are the most competitive PharmD programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zzll

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'd like to know which institution is relatively easy to get in. Please do me the favor and say something about your current institutions.

Many thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
The COPs in Arizona and Tennessee are tough to get into. I believe the one in Arizona is a three year program with year-round classes. The Tennessee school offers a PhD/PharmD which is highly sought after. I think there were over 2,000 applicants in 2006.

Please don't quote me on these schools. I don't know this information for sure.

The COPs in Arizona and Tennessee are tough to get into. I believe the one in Arizona is a three year program with year-round classes. The Tennessee school offers a PhD/PharmD which is highly sought after. I think there were over 2,000 applicants in 2006.

Please don't quote me on these schools. I don't know this information for sure.

There are two pharmacy schools in Arizona. The one in Phoenix (Midwestern) is the three year program. I think they are both hard to get into but I don't know which one is worse.

The University of Florida will let anyone in. And, the administration willlet them stay as long as they please if they have enough money.

ACP, UCSF, UCSD & UNC I can think of off the top of my head...

There are two pharmacy schools in Arizona. The one in Phoenix (Midwestern) is the three year program. I think they are both hard to get into but I don't know which one is worse.

U of A only gets about 400 apps and takes around 80. Midwestern got 1900 last year and takes 130. Almost 70% of U of A people who are admitted did their prereqs at U of A or Pima Community College. (Phoenix people have a hard time getting in)

ACP, UCSF, UCSD & UNC I can think of off the top of my head...

I checked the website of UCSF. I think the possibility for international students like me (I didn't take those pre-pharmacy courses in USA) to get in is zero unless I wait for another 2 years.

Thanks for you guys. I really appreciate the help.

Anybody know anything about UT-Austin and Buffalo?

You asked for competitive programs on the title. Then you asked for easy programs to get into.

I can tell you UT Austin and SUNY Buff are very competitive. I'm not sure if there is an easy RX school to get into....except for West Virginia... they let WVU in.. :smuggrin:

You asked for competitive programs on the title. Then you asked for easy programs to get into.

I can tell you UT Austin and SUNY Buff are very competitive. I'm not sure if there is an easy RX school to get into....except for West Virginia... they let WVU in.. :smuggrin:

Did I ask about the easy programs? :scared:If I did, there is also nothing wrong because people do want to get in. Then they can apply for some easier ones (if there are) for backup. I just want to estimate the possibility that I can get an interview from my target universities.

Anyway, thanks.

Did I ask about the easy programs? :scared:If I did, there is also nothing wrong because people do want to get in. Then they can apply for some easier ones (if there are) for backup. I just want to estimate the possibility that I can get an interview from my target universities.

Anyway, thanks.

In my case, Hurricane Katrina made it a little easier to get in. There were only 900 applicants versus the usual +1200. They also extended the application deadline which was the day that I submitted my one and only pharmacy school application :D. My chances of getting into a pharmacy school were so slim, because I had only applied to one school. Thankfully, I got in. Sometimes a little game of roulette can mean a big pay out.

Timing is everything, and it's better late than never!

I'm not sure if there is an easy RX school to get into....except for West Virginia... they let WVU in.. :smuggrin:

They released the stats for the incoming class today...their mean GPA was 3.75. ****ing Jesus Christ on a pogo stick, dude!!! It's not that it's easy anymore...I just slipped in under the radar before it got too tough...