What are you doing - now that you're accepted to pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fujitsux

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm working at CVS, trying to learn as much as drug names as possible. I find it very helpful! How about all of u?

Members don't see this ad.

First dropped all the classes I do not need (4) and second I party :hardy::hardy: !

Hoping I get into other pharmacy schools :D

I have a set of pharmacology flash cards someone got me... I suppose I'll look at them eventually.

Members don't see this ad :)
Still working at the pharmacy full-time until the fall. I need to save as much money as I can before I become even poorer!

Working. . . I've worked close to 30 hours a week at the pharmacy i'm at for the past 2 yrs and I've been working since 15 non stop so I'm basically just going to work up to the bitter end because when I go to pharm school it will be the first time in forever (it feels) that I will get a chance to NOT work during school. Which is something I think I've forgotten how it feels. lol I don't live at home and I pay all my own bills and this is something my boyfriend of 6yrs is fully supporting me on and I can't thank him enough. He wants to marry me and I told him not till I was doen with school. . poor man, had no idea what he was agreeing too! lol

so yea long story short working my butt off! lol

I'm working at CVS, trying to learn as much as drug names as possible. I find it very helpful! How about all of u?

Finishing up prereqs
Downloading iPhone apps with pharmacological info to familiarize myself (hey, Epocrates is free!!) :laugh:
Helping other applicants from my school through the application process

travel, hobbies, and all the fun things i probably won't have time for once school starts.

trying my hardest to finish up my MPH before pharm school in August, trying to find an internship site for the summer.

I’m really just hoping to get accepted to my first choice. Nothing has really changed for me, haven’t dropped any classes and plan on maintaining my studies. If I blow off all my classes, it will be just that much harder to transition back to studying when pharm schools start in the fall.

Working full time, spending time with my family, and just relaxing before the BIG move across the country.

finishing up my BS in Biology...and trying to make it though a big ol case of senioritis...:idea:...o and party...

cheers

The same thing I have been doing: working 40+ hours and going to school. Granted, I am much less stressed. I have been feeling rather lazy about my biochem class lately. However, I am also super excited about the Fall. I ask a ton of questions at work (I did that before anyway) but I try extra hard to pay attention to stuff, especially when I'm looking at chemo charts and making chemo.

I have spring break in a couple weeks and planned a week off of work during it. I will probably sit on my ass and catch up on my video gaming :D

After that, it is all about finding a place to live/moving :)

Finishing up some classes but I am sooo lazy! Trying to work as much as I can bc I def. will need the $$$ in school. Hmmm, what else? Oh, and traveling during the summer, hopefully to Europe or Japan :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Finishing up my term with AmeriCorps at the Red Cross, and then hopefully traveling a little bit in the summer before I go back to school. :D

Reading some posts makes me feel grateful I finished up my BS in bio in December because like I said I do work 30 hrs a week. But I'm definitely less stressed out then before like said because for the last month I've been battling shingles on and off 3 times. No doubt due to the stress and nervousness lol sigh but its on its way out that's for sure! :)

I hear you kitsune, the stress part is over! I'm just working part time and taking like two course I think will prepare me for Pharm school, in the summer I want to take it easy as much as possible, can't wait for the fall :D

Working at a hospital pharmacy until pharmacy school. Waiting to hear from my #1 choice.

I'm finishing up prereqs this semester and leaving my retail position to work at the hospital permanently. I guess it doesn't hurt that the hospital pays me $6-$13 more AN HOUR, depending on the day. haha. Besides, I'm pursuing the hospital track while in school, so the exposure to the hospital setting will only help. I'm thinking of reading the "Biochemistry for dummies" book to prepare me for Biochem next fall, since I haven't fulfilled it during my undergrad. Maybe I should just work and enjoy my last summer before my life ends for good, who knows...

I'm finishing up prereqs this semester and leaving my retail position to work at the hospital permanently. I guess it doesn't hurt that the hospital pays me $6-$13 more AN HOUR, depending on the day. haha. Besides, .../QUOTE]

How does that work?

I'm finishing up prereqs this semester and leaving my retail position to work at the hospital permanently. I guess it doesn't hurt that the hospital pays me $6-$13 more AN HOUR, depending on the day. haha. Besides, .../QUOTE]

How does that work?
At the hospital, anytime I am called and asked to work, that is not on my normal schedule, I get paid an additional $6.35/hour.This is called supplemental pay, because they compensate you for coming in when you were not normally scheduled. I make next to nothing at the retail pharmacy. My Base rate at the hospital is about $6/hr more than my base at retail. Here's an example. The hospital just called me 30 min ago and asked if I could work today 3-11. I said sure, so I'll get my base ($15/hr) plus supplemental ($6.35/hr) = $21.35/hr today. Hospitals have tons of incentives like that. They pay time and a half for working double shifts, holidays, etc. I hope I didn't make that more confusing for you.

I'm just freaking out even more trying to do well in my classes, even the ones I don't need for pharmacy school. LOL Maybe I'm just weird like that... I feel like the pressure is on to do even better since I'm accepted now.

I'm also working part time as a tech, but soon to be full time in about a month (thank God the quarter will be over for my MBA classes by then).

Over the summer I just plan on working 30-40 hours, saving money, and taking 1-2 more classes (trying to get as much of my master's degree done so that I don't have to take that many more after I graduate pharmacy school).

I plan on completing my one last spring class...business stats haha what a joke, then working some overtime to get some money before being broke

Relaxing! It was so stressful (the application process and hoping to get into my first choice...which I did yea!) Right now working full time and taking six of my MBA classes before school starts so I will only have 3 left for next summer.

I'll be working 40 hours a week, and watching hockey. Reading a book or two a week. Maybe light a few fireworks. Watch more hockey. Spend the money I have saved for pharm school on hockey tickets...etc.

Working, teaching online, fighting with my boyfriend since he's upset i'll have to leave. He's such a jerk and needs to grow-up (I'll be 30 in two weeks and he's 32)...dumb

At the hospital, anytime I am called and asked to work, that is not on my normal schedule, I get paid an additional $6.35/hour.This is called supplemental pay, because they compensate you for coming in when you were not normally scheduled. I make next to nothing at the retail pharmacy. My Base rate at the hospital is about $6/hr more than my base at retail. Here's an example. The hospital just called me 30 min ago and asked if I could work today 3-11. I said sure, so I'll get my base ($15/hr) plus supplemental ($6.35/hr) = $21.35/hr today. Hospitals have tons of incentives like that. They pay time and a half for working double shifts, holidays, etc. I hope I didn't make that more confusing for you.

i see, not confusing at all. more reason not to work retail other than for experience.

Working my current job till they fire me or I quit. Hard for me to find another job making what I currently do, as I need to save save save. Will be going to Hilton Head in June and at some point I will start reviewing pre-req class work material so I can hit the ground running in July.