What are you doing the summer before pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChemPharm77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to relax and enjoy it before the insanity begins.

Members don't see this ad.

Good question. I was looking for a job but it seems that it's not in the cards. So I think I will relax and enjoy, including: actually exercising, reading a book that isn't for school, and taking a trip at some point. Part of me still wants to study or work though..lol..it's hard to unwind after being on the go for so long. Maybe I will volunteer to get the best of both worlds.

Trying to look for a summer internship in health policy but no luck so far....

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like to take a vaca or something but I've got too many bills to pay. Think Im just gonna work my butt off for spending money at pharm school.:p

I'd like to take a vaca or something but I've got too many bills to pay. Think Im just gonna work my butt off for spending money at pharm school.:p

I'm doing the exact same thing...just trying to earn as much money as possible to supplement starting school. Hopefully I can do some traveling and enjoy the summer before the madness begins!

I wanna go on a vacation, just don't know where. And just relax as much as possible until the madness begins. I'm actually looking forward to the madness though..

Go on a cruise! (or to Hawaii), pick up extra hours at the pharmacy, and just live it up before I sell my soul to studying the next 4 years :)

Working out, spending time with friends and family, heading to Cancun !! :) Enjoying my freedom while it lasts.

Working out, Working Overtime, Saving money.

Last edited:
Quitting my job and moving to Colorado.

Working 40+ hrs in the pharmacy I've been working at for the past 3 yrs trying to store as much cash as I can before I go to weekend intern hours during the school year.

Last edited:
Work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SDN Mobile

Going on a one week Disney cruise with my family, spending a few days with my husband in San Francisco since we will be celebrating 10 years together, spending time with my son this summer.... Basically doing all fun things!

Working and taking a summer class.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I have been debating whether I should or should not be reviewing by now but most, if not all, current pharmacy students told me at interview day to relax and enjoy the summer off. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Pool, bars, sports, lake, outdoors, etc.

I have worked extremely hard to be where I am and I'm pretty sure most of you have as well. So, enjoy the few months off before pharmacy school. :banana:

University of Georgia COP Class of 2017!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Fortune favors the prepared mind."