what are you doing this year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rav4182

Another Brick In the Wall
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just seeing what everyone else is doing besides the whole application process.

i just graduated so im looking for a lab tech job up north to pass the time and save up some $$. hopefully it wont have to last more than a year if i get into dental school for next year.

Members don't see this ad.

here are my plans:

-take community college courses anatomy lab and microbiology lecture/lab to prepare for dental school
-look for community service
-practice guitar, singing, and violin each day
-do weightlifting at the gym and running each day
-work off my sleep debt and adjust my sleep schedule
-travel to taiwan for 1 or 2 months next summer

after these, if i have time, i would look for a job to make some money

Chillin out, maxing, relaxing all cool and shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chillin out, maxing, relaxing all cool and shooting some b-ball outside of the school.

I'll be one of the few guys who are up to no good, start to make up trouble in your neighborhood. :)

-Finish Masters.
-Finish English Pre-reqs + few classes to boost GPA.
-Do more volunteer dental assisting.
-Get back to painting, pottery and other crafty stuff.
-Summer is for relaxing.

yes! yeah, just doing hobbies i missed out on when busy. reading, working out, cooking.

ill also be in taiwan! i hope to get into a school asap, then taiwan for 4-5 months before schools starts. crossing my fingers!

schen - do you have family or friends there? im hoping to live in taipei and hang out with a few friends i actually met in the US... would appreciate another english speaker to explore the city with! let me know.... (parents are taiwanese... chinese is not as good as my english)

staying drunk and trying not to stress out over all of this. It's out of my hands now anyway... for a while at least. :eek:

schen - do you have family or friends there? im hoping to live in taipei and hang out with a few friends i actually met in the US... would appreciate another english speaker to explore the city with! let me know.... (parents are taiwanese... chinese is not as good as my english)

hey, yeah i have relatives spread out over taiwan including taipei. sure, im down to hang out and explore together, that sounds really fun. i'll probably be heading there next summer though (before i hopefully matriculate into dental school) as i'll be taking classes during the year and i figure interviews will be taking place at random times year round too

when are u going to spend ur 4 months there?

Working full time (lab tech job, funnily enough) and taking Spanish on the side (I found out it's really necessary if you're volunteering in a public clinic)

planning on traveling in Asia for 2+ months late next spring after I find out where I'll be attending. SHOULD I TRAVEL TO TAIWAN AND HANG OUT WITH YOU GUYS?!?! LOL!

haha definitely u should. where else in asia are you planning to go? i want to go to korea, get some face surgery, come out looking like a pop star haha

lol redchesus, you're definitely welcome. i hope to be there after all my interviews? so maybe somewhere around feb, tentatively. ill then stay til the end of july probably and then come back to the states to start school. nothing is set in stone yet, but yeah, i hope to get my own place in taipei but most of my family lives in a different town. i go to a predominently white university but i randomly made friends with a few international students and they party pretty hard in tai pei. i went to the bars with them one time and it was 16 dollar cover (US) but it was all you can drink... drank bombay sapphires til 5 in the morning. ridiculous.

Going into senior year, finishing classes doing my thesis

retaking physics I

and if i get in god willing, the summer that follows will be the best ever

lol redchesus, you're definitely welcome. i hope to be there after all my interviews? so maybe somewhere around feb, tentatively. ill then stay til the end of july probably and then come back to the states to start school. nothing is set in stone yet, but yeah, i hope to get my own place in taipei but most of my family lives in a different town. i go to a predominently white university but i randomly made friends with a few international students and they party pretty hard in tai pei. i went to the bars with them one time and it was 16 dollar cover (US) but it was all you can drink... drank bombay sapphires til 5 in the morning. ridiculous.

lol i think times are changing. seems like everyone is partying hard now even in the asian countries. im regretful to say that i wont be the best drinking buddy (i try to stay away from alcohol), but i'll definitely sing my heart out in the ktv's that taiwan is known for

Before Dec. 1 - work, paid tutor

After Dec. 1 - VACATION! :D

My list:

-Basic studies requirements
-Join predental club and a couple others I have in mind
-Dental volunteer for AT LEAST 100 hours
-Community volunteer for AT LEAST 100 hours
-Shadow for AT LEAST 100 hours
-Maintain a 3.7+ GPA
-Don't lose my mind

:xf: Setting my goals high.

I'm going to be taking a full load of classes, doing my internship at a children's dental clinic, hopefully have a job, join the Pre-Dental club, and do a Pay It Forward tour during spring break.

how are you finding these lab tech jobs? i'm searching everywhere and i'm not getting any replies...

im using websites like careerbuilder.com indeed.com and looking up jobs all around the northeast area.

I finished up my last pre-req Friday and started back at my dental assisting job today. Plan to keep working there until I start school. Also going to make lots of time for my daughter and hubby and enjoy family life before the craziness hits. :love: