You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What are YOUR eyes like?
Started by Jwalker
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This thread is for fun [:
Hoping for interesting results!
I'll start.
My eyes are very VERY dark brown 😀
The pwr in my left is -0.75 and my right is -2.25 😱
I'm blind as a bat !
Brown as well, Left is -2.75, Right is -3.00
My roommate is -6.50 and -7.00. SHE'S pretty blind.
Blue, with -4.75 in the left eye and -4.50 in the right. (Note to self - -2=/=-4.)
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine are Blue
Before LASIK........
OD +5.50 -2.25
OS +5.25 -2.00
5 years after LASIK
OD +.25 -.50
OS +.50 -.50
Before LASIK........
OD +5.50 -2.25
OS +5.25 -2.00
5 years after LASIK
OD +.25 -.50
OS +.50 -.50
Brown Eyes....if my name didn't give it away already 
Right: -6.75
Left: -6.50
Yeah, I can't see anything without my glasses....it sucks.

Right: -6.75
Left: -6.50
Yeah, I can't see anything without my glasses....it sucks.
Blue, with -2.50 in the left eye and -2.75 in the right. (I think. It might be the other way around. Heh.)
brown eyes
Left -4.50
right -4.25
I wear contact lenses.
Brown as well, Left is -2.75, Right is -3.00
My roommate is -6.50 and -7.00. SHE'S pretty blind.
Holy crap. I thought my eyes were bad. Can she see anything or is it all a blur?
Holy crap. I thought my eyes were bad. Can she see anything or is it all a blur?
she always tells me she's blind without her contacts/glasses. I've never tried to quantify it. I just noticed that if she's napping and i want to show her something, she can't see it even if i bring it super close to her since her glasses are off.
Hehe, not to be a jerk, but i always thought "are you SUUURRREEE you can't see that?" indeed, she cannot. fascinating.
I had a classmate in physics who said she's a -9.00, to which everyone turned around and stared. She says she actually wishes she were a -10 because only at that point her insurance would cover her at 100% or something like that. Short conversation i was eavesdropping on.
Asian brown
-3.75 OU
Starting to get a little thick for semi-rimless frames. :-(
just curious.. what is asian brown?

she always tells me she's blind without her contacts/glasses. I've never tried to quantify it. I just noticed that if she's napping and i want to show her something, she can't see it even if i bring it super close to her since her glasses are off.
Hehe, not to be a jerk, but i always thought "are you SUUURRREEE you can't see that?" indeed, she cannot. fascinating.
I had a classmate in physics who said she's a -9.00, to which everyone turned around and stared. She says she actually wishes she were a -10 because only at that point her insurance would cover her at 100% or something like that. Short conversation i was eavesdropping on.
Is that glasses or contacts? If you know that is.
just curious.. what is asian brown?![]()
You know, that really distinctive, boring brown that you're blessed with when you're Asian. Not light brown, not brown with specks of color in it. Just BROWN. Oh ya, and no double eye lids, by definition.
dark brown.
-6.75, -6.50
AND i do wear semi rimless despite the opticians refusal! 🙂
-6.75, -6.50
AND i do wear semi rimless despite the opticians refusal! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have decided mine are hazel upon closer examination, although I had thought they were light brown for most of my life. Does anyone have a description for hazel eyes?
right eye: -3.00
left eye: -3.50
I wear mostly contacts and sometimes glasses. 🙂
right eye: -3.00
left eye: -3.50
I wear mostly contacts and sometimes glasses. 🙂
Does anyone have a description for hazel eyes?
Brought to you by Ciba Freshlook Colorblends! Your eyes can be your most spectacular accessory!
http://www.conceptlens.co.uk/images/freshlook_colorblend_color_types.jpg
right eye: -9.00, left eye: -6.00, with astigmatism.
Brought to you by Ciba Freshlook Colorblends! Your eyes can be your most spectacular accessory!
http://www.conceptlens.co.uk/images/freshlook_colorblend_color_types.jpg
thanks mewcakes- I think my eyes are hazel (but I don't use colored contacts, haha) According to wikipedia, hazel eyes are a mix of brown and green- mine are dark green on the outside, olive greenish in the middle, and light brown around the pupil, although it changes in varying lights. Interesting!
Anyone else think they have hazel eyes? Just curious! 🙂
Ok so to answer the post...
My eyes are dark dark brown.... and they are 20/20.... i have no idea what prescription that is i am pre-dental.... lol
Quick question though.... my little sister just got diagnosed with 20/70 vision... how bad is that?! Just trying to figure it out thanks!!!
😀😀😀
My eyes are dark dark brown.... and they are 20/20.... i have no idea what prescription that is i am pre-dental.... lol
Quick question though.... my little sister just got diagnosed with 20/70 vision... how bad is that?! Just trying to figure it out thanks!!!
😀😀😀
right eye: -9.00, left eye: -6.00, with astigmatism.
A good bit of anisometropia there nice. Do you wear glasses with prism?
I'm not sure what prism glasses are, but I do have glasses of some sort for the evenings. I wear toric lenses most of the time.
I'm not sure what prism glasses are, but I do have glasses of some sort for the evenings. I wear toric lenses most of the time.
Hmm, well with contacts the difference in power between your eyes wouldn't matter in regards to prism.
What type of contacts do you wear... if you don't mind me asking?OD: -9.25-3.50x110
OS: -11.50-4.00x060
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my sphere is too high for most torics and my cylinder is too high for most spheres. in fact, unless i go down the road of RGPs (which I haven't yet), my only options are preference toric xr and proclear toric xr. preference toric xr has a quarterly replacement modality and proclear toric xr has a monthly replacement modality. proclear also is designed for dry eyes.
with all that being said, i switch between what is comp'd by Cooper through our school. right now im in the proclear, which i prefer.
with all that being said, i switch between what is comp'd by Cooper through our school. right now im in the proclear, which i prefer.
my sphere is too high for most torics and my cylinder is too high for most spheres. in fact, unless i go down the road of RGPs (which I haven't yet), my only options are preference toric xr and proclear toric xr. preference toric xr has a quarterly replacement modality and proclear toric xr has a monthly replacement modality. proclear also is designed for dry eyes.
with all that being said, i switch between what is comp'd by Cooper through our school. right now im in the proclear, which i prefer.
I didn't know you had that much cyl!
Try RGP's. dooooo it! My mom finally switched back to them last year after suffering with soft torics for years and she said she's never seen so clearly in her life (+7.50 -3.50 OU). the comfort sucks at first but getting through the adaptation period would be totally worth it for you, I bet.
edit: I'm surprised you didn't say anything to that person who said they were "blind as a bat" with their piddly -0.75 and -2.25 😀 haha.
I use a soft toric lens, United 95. Not many have heard of it, but it def covers the sphere portion of your (optojake) RX. The cyl though, not sure how high it goes as I'm not as lucky as you in that department. (ha ha ha)
-11.50 -1.50 x 170
-11.25 -1.25 x 10
-11.50 -1.50 x 170
-11.25 -1.25 x 10
my sphere is too high for most torics and my cylinder is too high for most spheres. in fact, unless i go down the road of RGPs (which I haven't yet), my only options are preference toric xr and proclear toric xr. preference toric xr has a quarterly replacement modality and proclear toric xr has a monthly replacement modality. proclear also is designed for dry eyes.
with all that being said, i switch between what is comp'd by Cooper through our school. right now im in the proclear, which i prefer.
I agree with the previous poster that you should try RGPs! You'll love them!
OD: Plano
OS: Plano
Black brown!! LOL!!
OS: Plano
Black brown!! LOL!!
Most of the time it is spots of lights coming in getting smaller and smaller and then disappearing.. Sometimes thought I get like a movie screen and I can watch as something appears, I see like images of some bit of life somewhere being lived, people moving about or some area.... stuff I never recognize, but I consider way cool, and I try to just watch for as long as it is there. I hate it when it finally fades
very brown. OD -3.25, OS 2.50 ... My left eye is needless to say, better than my right... it's annoying because sometimes I mix up contacts! Haha. 🙁 clutz.
Hmmm just wondering, someone here said that -7.00D is pretty blind. Few days ago I was getting autorefraction measurements on some person and hers was -19.25D+/- -.25D on each eye. No it wasn't a mistake or anything. But darn! That must be blind.
Hmmm just wondering, someone here said that -7.00D is pretty blind. Few days ago I was getting autorefraction measurements on some person and hers was -19.25D+/- -.25D on each eye. No it wasn't a mistake or anything. But darn! That must be blind.
So I was chatting with a friend about CLs and asked him what his eyes are at out of curiosity. I was horrified when he told me over -13.00 in each eye. So after staring at him like he had two heads, he showed me that he was wearing both contact lenses and glasses since the prescription is beyond the maximum CLs can handle. After all this time, I thought he just wore glasses. First person I met to wear both. Fascinating (and totally unfortunate. Overall healthy eyes according to his doc though 👍)
So I was chatting with a friend about CLs and asked him what his eyes are at out of curiosity. I was horrified when he told me over -13.00 in each eye. So after staring at him like he had two heads, he showed me that he was wearing both contact lenses and glasses since the prescription is beyond the maximum CLs can handle. After all this time, I thought he just wore glasses. First person I met to wear both. Fascinating (and totally unfortunate. Overall healthy eyes according to his doc though 👍)
He should try RGP's too. I have a friend who's rx is higher than that and he's able to see okay with them. They don't work for everyone, but it's worth a shot if it could prevent him from wearing contact lenses and glasses.
Blue and Presbyopic! Sigh.... (yes, getting a late start...)
hmm..random thought.. i wonder if OD's ever get lost in ppl's eyes cause they are so beautiful... lol just sayin 😛
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmm..random thought.. i wonder if OD's ever get lost in ppl's eyes cause they are so beautiful... lol just sayin 😛
Hahaha! That reminds me of a time when I shadowed an OD. There was this guy with really bright blue eyes, like Megan Fox's eyes. So pretty 😍.
To answer the poll, I've got brown eyes and 20/20 vision 🙂
Green/brown
OD -1.75
OS -2.50
Always wear contacts!
Hahaha the optom i shadow for always comments when she sees pretty eyes!
OD -1.75
OS -2.50
Always wear contacts!
hmm..random thought.. i wonder if OD's ever get lost in ppl's eyes cause they are so beautiful... lol just sayin 😛
Hahaha the optom i shadow for always comments when she sees pretty eyes!