What are your stats???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vetx2

LSU C/O 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am was wondering where I stand as a Vet school applicant????? So, if people could post their application stats such as:

Overall GPA:
Last 45 Hours GPA:
Science GPA:
GRE:

I think it will be fun to see where everyone stands, wouldn't you?????

Members don't see this ad.

It seems kind of odd that you are asking everyone to share to "see where everyone stands" and yet you don't offer up your own stats to start off this thread.

I am was wondering where I stand as a Vet school applicant????? So, if people could post their application stats such as:

Overall GPA:
Last 45 Hours GPA:
Science GPA:
GRE:

I think it will be fun to see where everyone stands, wouldn't you?????

Probably the best thing to do is look at the past few years successful applicants threads where people who've gotten in post all those stats (plus lots more info which can help give you more of an idea of their X-factor).

Here's the one from last year: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=493514&highlight=successful+applicants

Not sure if this is the one from the year before, but this is a previous one. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=359074&highlight=successful+applicants

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry David594, I guess I didn't realize, and didn't know people would be so critical!!!!

Overall GPA: 3.5
Last 45 hours: 4.0
Science GPA: 3.84
GRE: only a 1000 (550Q, 450 V, 4.5 A)

Applied: LSU, KSU, ILL, RVC
Interview at: LSU, KSU, ILL
Accepted: ???????

Maybe I'm just crazy, but because there is a "Successful Applicants" thread every year where everyone posts their stats, I almost feel that it would jinx it to post them now.

Maybe I'm just embarrassed to post my stats if it turns out they aren't good enough to get me accepted. :(

Sorry David594, I guess I didn't realize, and didn't know people would be so critical!!!!

Overall GPA: 3.5
Last 45 hours: 4.0
Science GPA: 3.84
GRE: only a 1000 (550Q, 450 V, 4.5 A)

Applied: LSU, KSU, ILL, RVC
Interview at: LSU, KSU, ILL
Accepted: ???????

It's not that we're critical, it's just that stats can be a sensitive subject for some of us (especially this time of year)....you know, kinda like asking a woman her bra size or how much she weighs ;) I'm sure after all of the acceptances people will be more than willing to cough up the stats.

Yes, I agree. If and when (har har) I get into a vet school, I'll post my miserable stats for all to see. :D Until then, everyone will just have to wonder!

I'll bite

Overall GPA: 3.56
Last 45 Hours GPA: 3.43
Science GPA: 3.43
GRE: 1200 (610Q, 590V, 4.7A)

Applied: 10 schools: Davis, Ohio, Mississippi, Western a few others
Interview at: Ohio, anxiously waiting to be able to add more to this
Accepted: I hope so! :D

I'm hoping that if they'll look beyond the GPA they'll see the huge amount of experience I've acquired in the last few years.

And for the record, 128, and 34A, but if you ask my age I'm at the point where I may start shaving off a couple of years....

GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.79
Last 45 Hours: 3.84
GRE: 1240 (540 V, 700 Q, 5.0 AW) (curse you ETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is my mission in life to bring them down).

And CatVet2Be, for AW I thought it was in increments of .5, how did you get a 4.7? Maybe I'm mistaken...

Applied: Penn, Tufts, Uni. of Melbourne, Royal Veterinary College, Massey University, University of Edinburgh
Accepted: University of Melbourne- still waiting to hear from all the others.

(I applied to a weird set of schools because for me my location for 4 years was a huge factor)

Vetx2: I would be happy to post my stats for you, if I get into vet school.

If I didn't get in, I don't know what good it would do if I provided my info...besides give you an idea of what it takes to be an unsuccessful candidate.

Last edited:
Hey, has Illinois already announced who got interviews? I thought you said on the other thread that you hadn't been offered an interview at Illinois....

Hey, has Illinois already announced who got interviews? I thought you said on the other thread that you hadn't been offered an interview at Illinois....
Illinois usually doesn't let anyone know if they got an interview until early January...(interviews are around mid-Feb. Everyone is interviewed on the same day!)

Hi benandme; are you asking me or the OP?

If your asking me---I didn't apply to Illinois...but I also have not gotten an interview invitation from any of the schools I applied to yet.

I was asking the OP. Just curious since on the Illinois thread she says that her status page says that she wasn't offered an interview, but with her stats it says that she was?

Sorry, I just hit the closest "quick reply" button.

Quite all right!