What area do you want to go into when you graduate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shelby029

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just for fun, saw it on the OT thread (I'm currently going back in forth between PT/OT)

I want to work in pediatrics when I graduate - a million years from now! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't fully decided, my bachelor degree is in early childhood & elementary education, so I think peds would be a smart move for me (and whoever wanted to hire me given my background) but everyone always thinks they want to work with kids because they are cute ;)

I also have an interest in working within sports medicine or ortho; and I also read an amazing book on burn victims which has sparked my interest in that demanding (emotionally) field as well... We'll see what happens when I start getting in my clinicals!

Any field..I haven't experienced enough yet though to make an educated decision. I'll just take the one closest to where I want to be and with the best salary and benefits. Probably in-patient hospital setting, if I had to hazard a guess. Maybe pick up a per-diem on the weekend, depending on how ambitious and/or how large my loans are.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to get into sports rehab and am looking into getting both my AT/DPT in order to do so!

I've only had one clinical in acute care and will start my second clinical in an outpatient setting in 1 week, but I'm leaning towards rehab and working with patients with neurological conditions and patients post-op. I loved working in the hospital but hated only seeing my patients 1-2 times in acute care, so I have a strong feeling I'll go into rehab 'cause I'll be able to see my patients longer. I've had a few healthcare field trips in the rehab setting during my semesters in school and loved it!

Yeah I'm most interested in Neuro and sports PT. Neuro is extremely challenging to me but I'm trying to embrace it and I see it being more worthwhile the older I get. We'll see how that turns out after I take the 2 semester Neurorehab course...:)

I'm pretty sure I want to go into outpatient ortho. In some kind of chronic pain/pain management setting. It's so cool to see what therapists do with patients who have been living with pain for so long! Very rewarding.

Neuro rehab is the most appealing to me right now. I intend on seriously looking into oncology PT as that is a major interest to me as well. :)