What banks allow you to invest your HSA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boatswain2PA

Physician Assistant
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got an HSA that is just sitting in a savings account as that bank (the only bank in town that offers private HSAs) doesn't offer investments. I read about people using the HSA as a type of investment (pre-tax investment and tax-free growth). What financial institutions are you using that allow you to invest your HSA in the market?

Members don't see this ad.

I've got an HSA that is just sitting in a savings account as that bank (the only bank in town that offers private HSAs) doesn't offer investments. I read about people using the HSA as a type of investment (pre-tax investment and tax-free growth). What financial institutions are you using that allow you to invest your HSA in the market?
Optum Bank lets you invest your HSA in Vanguard mutual funds. I think back when I opened my account with them, they were the only HSA that had Vanguard.

https://www.optumbank.com/individuals-families/how-to-invest-with-hsas/mutual-funds.html

Note that an HSA is triple tax free:
Pre tax contributions
Tax free growth
Tax free distributions

I believe it is the only triple tax free investment vehicle available at the present time. It's a hell of a good deal. I opened one the minute they were available.

Members don't see this ad :)