What biochemistry text does your pharmacy school use?

Started by Chuck61686
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chuck61686

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've talked to several pre-meds and they use the Lehninger text. Does pharmacy school use the same?

I study biochem as a hobby and I've found Devlin's Biochemistry w/ Clinical Correlations to be really good...and fun to read!

Just wondering what text you guys use...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lehninger. We have a test in the morning and I don't know anything from that book. I'm going to go to bed in an hour and just hoping for the best.
 
In undergrad (which is the only area for which I can opine) we used "Biochemistry" by Berg, Tymoczko, and Stryer.

The entire textbook is available for free on PubMed. I don't know how anyone can read Biochemistry for fun. I read a lot, but at this current time it's mostly children's books.
 
Lehninger's 5th edition.. but I use the 4th edition (my textbook from undergrad biochem) and everything seems to be the same.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad