tlew12778

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 26, 2002
fashion capital of the world
Visit site
Status
OK I know this has been covered in some past posts, but those are mainly in the USMLE forum and I wanted some opinions from an IMG perspective.

I need to buy my FH's step 1 materials this month. What do I buy? Right now, sitting in my Amazon shopping cart, I have all the books listed on the sticky thread in the USMLE forum.

These books are: First Aid, Step Up, Crashing the Boards, BRS Path/Physiology, HY and BRS Behavioral Science (will only buy one of them), Clinical Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, and Step up to the bedside.

I'm working on getting Q Bank too.

Over on the prep4theUSMLE.com forum, they've got a whole other list going. It includes books I've never heard of:

USMLE Step 1 Secrets, Usmle Step 1 (Rapid Review Series), Body Systems Review I: Board Simulator, General Principles in the Basic Sciences (Board Simulator), Normal and Abnormal Processes in the Basic Sciences (Board Simulator), NMS Review for USMLE Step 1 (Book + CD-ROM)

(Actually, I have heard of NMS... should I get it?)

They also mention the Kaplan Medical USMLE Step 1 Home Study Program... maybe I should get that in lieu of some of the books?

Any thoughts? I don't want to buy so many books that he won't be able to use half of them. He needs to take all 3 parts this year (for the 2006 match) so it's not like he will have 12 months to go over just step 1 materials.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads