What books to read for "Ocular Optics"?

Started by UMAB
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UMAB

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a foreign medical graduate, not very confident about my optics prep for my NBEO part 1 exam. It would of great help, if someone could suggest a good book that explains the basics of optics well, specially,”Binocular vision” and “Low vision”. TIA
 
"Foundations of Binocular Vision: A Clinical Perspective" by Steinman is a good BV book. But it doesn't have much to do with optics.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mark Wilkinson's aptly named NBEO part I optics book. Low vision OPTICS is low yield I believe. I got 14/15 low vision questions and my low vision devices understanding is horrendous. Easiest book to read, its more of a pamphlet than a book (100 or so pages). If you only study physiological optics you'll be fine.