What can I edit after I submit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jsr52

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to edit the status of publications after I submit my application. What now if my publications are accepted for another month.

Also can I add new LORS after I submit?

Members don't see this ad.

1. No. Your pubs are not editable after you submit.

2. Yes. You can add LOR's after you submit, but the maximum number you can send any one program is 4.

If you are applying to multiple specialties, can you add a 2nd personal statement after submitting ERAS? Or do both personal statements need to be in the application before submitting?

From what I can gather---

The things under the APPLICATION tab can't be modified. Anything else in Documents can be added/deleted, but not modified. For example:

Personal statements can be added after application submission. However, can't be modified if PS has already been assigned/downloaded by the program?

I still haven't finalized my PS yet. So if I were to add my PS later on, I can just go into the program tabs and assign my newly uploaded PS correct?

Thanks!!

You can change anything in your PROFILE at any time. This includes whether you're couples matching, email, physical address, etc. Your profile is at the very top of the ERAS worksheet.

Letters can be added at any time, but can't be deleted once they have been downloaded by a program.

PS can be added at any time. You can only have one PS at a time. If you've already sent me one, and send another, it overwrites the first. Although I can see you sent me a second one, I can't see the first one any more. Unless I've printed it, of course.

hi
can i add stuff to my experience after i have applied. i will begin a new observership/volunteering in one week. i have applied already, i didnt want to write stuff i hadn't yet done.
thanks

hi
can i add stuff to my experience after i have applied. i will begin a new observership/volunteering in one week. i have applied already, i didnt want to write stuff i hadn't yet done.
thanks
No. Once you certify your experiences, whether or not you've actually paid the fee and applied, it cannot be edited.

I hope a photo can be added after submission? My school hasn't uploaded it yet.

Actually that's not true. Once letter's are submitted to a program, they may not be unchecked, regardless of whether or not the program has downloaded them yet. The checked boxes for each selected LOR becomes grayed out.
Thanks. I think I misspoke.

I believe that the rule is whether the letter has been uploaded yet. If your letters are uploaded, and you assign them to programs, then you can't unassign them even if the program hasn't downloaded them. It's as if you "put them in the mail", and you can't get them back. If the letter is not uploaded, then nothing has been sent anywhere, and you should be able to uncheck them.

I would love confirmation of this, as this is not something I can actually see myself.

Thanks. I think I misspoke.

I believe that the rule is whether the letter has been uploaded yet. If your letters are uploaded, and you assign them to programs, then you can't unassign them even if the program hasn't downloaded them. It's as if you "put them in the mail", and you can't get them back. If the letter is not uploaded, then nothing has been sent anywhere, and you should be able to uncheck them.

I would love confirmation of this, as this is not something I can actually see myself.

You are correct. Once you have submitted your app to a program and included the LORs you cannot deselect them even if the app has not been downloaded by the program. However, I am able to deselect the one letter that has not been uploaded by my dean's office.

Is it weird to resubmit your PS after its been downloaded? For some reason I want to change a sentence in my opening paragraph and wonder if its weird to change if its already been retreived. thanks!

You can change anything in your PROFILE at any time. This includes whether you're couples matching, email, physical address, etc. Your profile is at the very top of the ERAS worksheet.

Letters can be added at any time, but can't be deleted once they have been downloaded by a program.

PS can be added at any time. You can only have one PS at a time. If you've already sent me one, and send another, it overwrites the first. Although I can see you sent me a second one, I can't see the first one any more. Unless I've printed it, of course.
Hi aProgDirector,

I have a question about personal statements. I submitted my application yesterday, however I realized there's a typo in my essay. Would it look suspect if I were to replace the previous essay with a corrected version? Thanks!

Hi aProgDirector,

I have a question about personal statements. I submitted my application yesterday, however I realized there's a typo in my essay. Would it look suspect if I were to replace the previous essay with a corrected version? Thanks!

I'm quite confident no one has read your PS yet. Submit the corrected one.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm quite confident no one has read your PS yet. Submit the corrected one.
Thanks IMPD! My only concern is that I'm disclosing very sensitive information in my PS and I wouldn't want a program to think that there was discrepancy between the two essays relating to that information. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply into it...

Thanks IMPD! My only concern is that I'm disclosing very sensitive information in my PS and I wouldn't want a program to think that there was discrepancy between the two essays relating to that information. Maybe I'm thinking too deeply into it...

Yes, you (and the incredibly neurotic people this time of year) are way overthinking this. For large fields like IM most interview offers are based off of application scores/grades/etc... , since most programs get > 500 applications it's impossible to read each PS.

Relax. Chill. Have a beer.

Reactions: 1 users

You are seriously overthinking this. very few programs will care about a single typo. No one will care or notice if you update your PS now. Do whatever will help you sleep for the next 8 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
The PS is sensitive to each applicant, that's why it's called a "personal statement." If you can, update it and move on. Or come back with another "sky is falling" post... Oy!