What Can You Change After You Certify?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Txed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering what changes can be made to your ERAS application after you have certified? It says in there that you need to keep your application updated so you obviously can add and delete things after you have certify but it doesn't tell you what parts? For I've heard there are certain things that cannot be changed! Does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I was wondering what changes can be made to your ERAS application after you have certified? It says in there that you need to keep your application updated so you obviously can add and delete things after you have certify but it doesn't tell you what parts? For I've heard there are certain things that cannot be changed! Does anyone know?

You can't change the CV part (the CAF I think it's called) once you certify. Other than that you can change anything in ERAS. You can add or remove LORs, change all of your personal contact info (address, phone, etc), add or remove programs and update your transcripts as many times as you want (just ask your school to re-transmit it).

Can you change or add a personal statement after you certify and submit?

I think you can but if they already got it originally they don't send it back, they'll just have two versions. The best option is to just get it right the first time.