What Can you Do With A PhD in Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh6718

Pharmacist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Other than obviously becoming a college professor, what other opportunities are there?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what the PhD is in. There is no "Pharmacy PhD" that I am aware of. They are available in areas like medicinal chemistry, pharmaceutics, pharmacy systems, etc.

josh6718 said:
Other than obviously becoming a college professor, what other opportunities are there?

There's a guy in my class with a PhD in pharmacology. I guess there weren't a lot of opportunites because he decided to get his PharmD and work at Walgreens.

josh6718 said:
My sister has a PhD in pharmacuetical science from a college of pharmacy- her career so far has been with drug companies, and she specializes in forumulation of drugs. She has a really neat job - gets to travel some and oversee companies that are doing contract work for her company. She actually doesn't do much lab work anymore, now that she has some experience it's more project management.