Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What cheap/moderately cheap hotels are near columbia?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by What up doc, Dec 6, 2008.

1. What up doc

What up doc FLASH
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    help ne1? thanks! links would be nice too!

2. DMSbound

Pre-Medical
    First, nothing in NYC is cheap. The cheapest hotel I've found in all of Manhattan that is remotely legit is the Ramada on Lexington and 30th. It's not that close to Columbia, but everything is pretty doable with the subway. From there, you would just take the downtown NRQW line to Times Square and hope on the 1 to get to Columbia.

3. DrYoda

DrYoda Space Cowboy
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yeah, Manhattan "cheap" is expensive.

4. Timberwolf

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Just stay at a youth hostel. I'm staying in one for my interview next week. The night before the interview I'm paying about $60 for a private room. The night after the interview, I'm switching to a shared room and paying $30. The rooms might not be that fancy and you probably have to share a bathroom, but you can't beat the price.

5. Carlin

Carlin Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I used priceline.com to get a hotel in manhattan. It was still fairly expensive, but about 75$ less than the listed price. The area around Columbia doesn't have many hotels, so I recommend staying in midtown. You can take the A express train right uptown and get off across the street from the med school. It's super easy. Good luck!

6. student1799

student1799 "Señora” to you, hombre
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Does Columbia have a student host program? If so, use it--you'll learn about the school from a real student and save a ton of money.