What classes count into BCP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Franklo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm a biochemistry major and thus almost all of my classes neither fall under pure biology or chemistry. I've been assuming that "biochemsitry" and "chemical and biomolecular engineering" courses fall under the category of BCP. Am I mistaken and those fall under just sciences?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think it goes by whatever's on your transcript... My transcript/course catalog had Biochem under Chem3500 so it went under Chemistry.. As long as its designated either Bio or Chem it'll be in your BCP

Engineering classes are NOT considered as BCP, they are considered as "Other Science". Biochem classes on the other hand are BCP.

Members don't see this ad :)
This will tell you what is considered as such:

Attachments

• ADEA AADSAS Course Subjects 2016.pdf
    282.8 KB · Views: 135
My epidemiology classes from my MPH counted towards my BCP GPA as bio classes, so it's a little bit more than just that.
It's really not more than that, look at your transcript and if says bio chem or physics it counts. Your epidemiology class must have had bio in the course number prefix.

It's really not more than that, look at your transcript and if says bio chem or physics it counts. Your epidemiology class must have had bio in the course number prefix.

I had an anthropology class (ANTH XXX) that counted towards bio, so it is a bit more than that. They changed it during verification though, so the weird ones you don't have to stress about.

Nope. EPID #### Epidemiology 1, EPID #### Epidemiology 2, etc. My bio courses all fell under BIOS.

Either way, that pdf that was posted before is a great help!