Status
Pre-Medical
I apply next cycle and for spring semester I am planning on taking:

BIO2 w/ lab
Microbio
Orgo2 lecture
Orgo 1 lab

total of 13 credits

should i then take some easy online course to push my credit total to 16 ?

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Just take another GEC course or something that seems pretty easy/interesting.

yappy

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Yeah... how big of deal is course load? I'm thinking about taking 13 credits... mostly easy (only one science class) BUT required classes for my major. This will allow me to study for the dat... will this be bad to do the year before applying? This term i'm taking 16 - 3 classes are science.

I've already taken all the prereqs plus biochem, cell bio, anatomy, physiology, microbio, and genetics.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I really didn't have too much trouble studying for the DAT with a full courseload. I thought it was kind of helpful because I was already in study mode. It depends on the person though. I'm sure if you take 1 easy courseload it won't look bad.

yappy

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
Status
Thanks for the reply May... I think i'll stick with the light load this term. I respect your ability to do so well in your UG and also the DAT. I dont think I'll mimic you though because the DAT is too important for my app and I dont think I could do both. I have a lil lower than average GPA(3.3-3.4) and need to get a DAT score... one like a like yours!
I'm just not the type that will be able to get a 4.0 on hard load with a high dat all in the same time period.

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Thanks for the reply May... I think i'll stick with the light load this term. I respect your ability to do so well in your UG and also the DAT. I dont think I'll mimic you though because the DAT is too important for my app and I dont think I could do both. I have a lil lower than average GPA(3.3-3.4) and need to get a DAT score... one like a like yours!
I'm just not the type that will be able to get a 4.0 on hard load with a high dat all in the same time period.
Sounds good. It is definitely important to make sure you perform as well as possible, and I really doubt schools would look at one lighter load, especially since it is still packed with science classes. Good luck!

OP
Kobebucsfan

Kobebucsfan

7+ Year Member
Apr 20, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
right now my gpa is 3.35 and i'm taking now:

Bio 1 retake
Psychology
Issue in sports
Intro to world religion

I think i'm gonna pull out A's in all the classes and this courseload is pretty easy so i'm dedicating my time right now to DAT

but spring semester i'm gonna be packed

yappy

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
Status
looks like we're reading the same playbook kobe.