What classes to take at CC??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohbots

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far the counsler told me to register for Education, English, Math, and either Sociology or Psych.
Does this sound right? Im at a loss of what classes I should take to transfer to a university.
For those who went to CC what classes did you take while being at a cc?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

According to the MSAR, some medical schools do not accept prerequisites taken at a community college. I would look into this before signing up for cc science courses. Other than that you could get the rest of your core requirements out of the way. Check which classes are part of the core sequence for the 4 years you're transferring to. x

From whatever I have read here. Lots people got into med school with taking pre requisite classes through CC.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm taking one year of Biology, 1 year of Calculus, and possibly 1 semester of General Chemistry at CC. I also deferred my admission to Loyola's post-bac premed program to Fall 2016. It's just much more economical for me to take classes at CC right now. I might co-enroll later w/ CC classes in Arabic, Spanish, Latin, Psych, & Sociology.

Re: getting into medical school w/ CC classes - I feel if you do well in them and have good ECs, a strong personal statement, and LORs, and show up with a great MCAT score, you'll be competitive.

Depends on your situation, OP. Are you a non-trad student? I know Goro has mentioned before that non-trads are given some latitude with completing prereqs at the CC level. Science courses are typically more rigorous at the university level, so I'd recommend knocking out the English/Education courses at the CC. Psych and Soc are a possibility at CC as well.