Jun 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
So far the counsler told me to register for Education, English, Math, and either Sociology or Psych.
Does this sound right? Im at a loss of what classes I should take to transfer to a university.
For those who went to CC what classes did you take while being at a cc?

thanks

gothicfoxes

MD & MPH goals
Jun 17, 2015
Bodymore Murdaland
Status
Other Health Professions Student
According to the MSAR, some medical schools do not accept prerequisites taken at a community college. I would look into this before signing up for cc science courses. Other than that you could get the rest of your core requirements out of the way. Check which classes are part of the core sequence for the 4 years you're transferring to. x

DoctorDrewOutsidetheLines

Pink Panther & Hope Diamond
Removed
Jul 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I'm taking one year of Biology, 1 year of Calculus, and possibly 1 semester of General Chemistry at CC. I also deferred my admission to Loyola's post-bac premed program to Fall 2016. It's just much more economical for me to take classes at CC right now. I might co-enroll later w/ CC classes in Arabic, Spanish, Latin, Psych, & Sociology.

Re: getting into medical school w/ CC classes - I feel if you do well in them and have good ECs, a strong personal statement, and LORs, and show up with a great MCAT score, you'll be competitive.

Apollo1

Deciding between MD/DO and PA
5+ Year Member
Sep 3, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Depends on your situation, OP. Are you a non-trad student? I know Goro has mentioned before that non-trads are given some latitude with completing prereqs at the CC level. Science courses are typically more rigorous at the university level, so I'd recommend knocking out the English/Education courses at the CC. Psych and Soc are a possibility at CC as well.