What courses would you recommend?

Started by atorres
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

atorres

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What other courses aside from the prerequisite courses and would be useful/interesting and even relevant for PT school? I was just curious to see if anyone had any recommendations. I'm an exercise science major and was wondering if maybe there's some sciences courses that are useful.
 
I'm an EXSC major too and most classes we take will be relevant for PT school. Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Motor control, etc just to name a few.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not sure if your school has Athletic Training major, but if you do I would suggest taking Upper and Lower Extremities Injuries Diagnose and Assessment...These two classes are like pre-PT class....very interesting and hands on.
 
Bare minimum or include listed optional courses listed on the website of your program of choice. PT school will be challenging regardless.
 
Thanks I appreciate the responses. I will look into them. Also what classes that are not perquisites would be looked upon highly by schools? I guess as in classes that would separate one candidate from another