What DAT Score will suffice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GDragon_1988

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted some input. I'm not feeling too confident as i'm studying for the DAT :(. I've taken some practice test and keep scoring around 19-20. My question is: what do i realistically need in order to be get into Dental school? My dat is in 7.5 weeks and i'm about to have a mental breakdown.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
7.5 weeks is soooo much time. You can memorize a ton in that span. So there is no need to freak out yet. Aim high. Don't don't go in hoping for a low score. I think a good goal is a 22-23. Although a 19 should still be fine assuming all your other application things are lined up correctly.

Reactions: 2 users
You have an above average GPA and getting a 19-20 will get you into a lot of dental schools. You should be fine. Plus, you have a lot of time to study for the DAT.

Hey guys, I just wanted some input. My sgpa is 3.75, BCP: 3.78, Overall GPA: 3.8. I'm not feeling too confident as i'm studying for the DAT :(. I've taken some practice test and keep scoring around 19-20. My question is: what do i realistically need in order to be get into Dental school? My dat is in 7.5 weeks and i'm about to have a mental breakdown.

get 20 AA plus with no very low individual section scores (like 16 or below)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, you have so much time to improve, it sounds to me like you need to review some of the materials to get better.
Can you share all you scores, like qr, bio, chem, ochem, and pat, Rc, so others can help you better?
Don't let your good gpa fool you, keep on working hard.
It seems to me you are just tired, relax take 2 days off. Go to the beach, go hiking to the mountain, heck go play some video games with friends or even going to the movies can help!

Wow, you have so much time to improve, it sounds to me like you need to review some of the materials to get better.
Can you share all you scores, like qr, bio, chem, ochem, and pat, Rc, so others can help you better?
Don't let your good gpa fool you, keep on working hard.
It seems to me you are just tired, relax take 2 days off. Go to the beach, go hiking to the mountain, heck go play some video games with friends or even going to the movies can help!
I've only taken orgo and bio practice exams on DAT genius so far.
Orgo 1,2,3: 22, 21, 20
Bio 1,2,3: 20, 19, 19

You're definitely right about me being tired haha

Reactions: 1 user