What day are interviews usually held?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zthang

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What day are interviews usually held? Are they usually on weekdays like mon-fri or are they usually held on weekends? And also, are they usually all day affairs at most schools or is that just some?

Reason I ask is because I've been offered a dental assisting position at an office, and I need to know if I should tell them that I might be taking several days off in the future.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually it's for one day (sometimes 2) and on the weekdays.

Interview days vary depending on the school, but they aren't held on the weekends (schools are closed on the weekends). They last for one day and you are usually done by mid afternoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ture..most of them are done on weekdays..mainly Monday, Thursday, and Fridays. Some are half days and some are one day event usually from 10-4 pm.

they are all weekdays. i found it harder to get monday and friday interviews, asking for them pushed my interview date back about a month because so many people request them. mine were also all day events.

The days vary by school. I only interviewed on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays, though I was offered every day of the week (M-F). My advice is to take the EARLIEST day possible (that doesn't overlap with another interview). Although a job is great, your job this year is to get into dental school. You just want to get as many done as possible, though 2 is usually a good max for a week. Best of luck!

I got mainly Fridays and one Tuesday at Maryland.