What days were your interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilchinoboy03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who interviewed last cycle, what days did your interviews land on, at what schools, and what was the majority for the other dates available at that school. I'm talking Monday, Tuesday...., or Friday. This could be helpful for us predents that are still in school while interviews are going on.

Members don't see this ad.

Once you are offered an interview by a particular dental school they will usually give you a list of days that they have openings for you to come in and interview.

Most schools don't have a set day of the week that they hold interviews. There are some that do, but even those schools might change their day of week at some point during the interview cycle (at least this was my experience last cycle).

Members don't see this ad :)
When I received my interview invitations, I did not have a choice of days. They were assigned to me, and they were on Mondays and Fridays.

Would it really matter if you had an interview on a school day? Just skip classes and go to the interviews. If you have exams then talk to the professors to arrange a later time to take it. Interviews are way more important than school/work/whatever. There's always an outside chance you can reschedule your interview date, but it will probably be for a later date.

Would it really matter if you had an interview on a school day? Just skip classes and go to the interviews. If you have exams then talk to the professors to arrange a later time to take it. Interviews are way more important than school/work/whatever. There's always an outside chance you can reschedule your interview date, but it will probably be for a later date.

its not that simple...some of us have lab courses where you can't really miss lab to go to an interview, or you can only miss 1 or 2 labs a quarter without being dropped from the class. what makes it worse is that for some of us...we have no choice but to take the lab and to take the lab in the fall.

i too am curious as to what days interviews are normally scheduled.

For those of you who interviewed last cycle, what days did your interviews land on, at what schools, and what was the majority for the other dates available at that school. I'm talking Monday, Tuesday...., or Friday. This could be helpful for us predents that are still in school while interviews are going on.

I know you and others are wanting this info so you can schedule classes this fall. Have you considered that the dental schools haven't all agreed to set aside a certain day of the week for interviews? What I mean is if you applied to several schools, there is a possibility between them you have the potential to have an interview on any day of the week including Saturday. Also, you need to count on travel time unless you only applied to in-state school(s). It's been my experience that most profs have had students in the past miss classes for professional school interviews and are generally understanding. Most importantly, you have to decide whether one missed day is worth dental school acceptance since most school's don't extend invitations for admissions to those who haven't interviewed.

I know you and others are wanting this info so you can schedule classes this fall. Have you considered that the dental schools haven't all agreed to set aside a certain day of the week for interviews? What I mean is if you applied to several schools, there is a possibility between them you have the potential to have an interview on any day of the week including Saturday. Also, you need to count on travel time unless you only applied to in-state school(s). It's been my experience that most profs have had students in the past miss classes for professional school interviews and are generally understanding. Most importantly, you have to decide whether one missed day is worth dental school acceptance since most school's don't extend invitations for admissions to those who haven't interviewed.

I understand there's no set day, but i figured some schools might do something like reserve every other Friday for interviews, or something like that. If that is the case, it'd be nice to see if its schools I'm applying to. I'm just trying to be ready and plan accordingly as I don't want to toss out my other duties for interviews without letting my supervisors know first. I think the responsible thing to do is let your supervisors (or whoever) know well ahead of time when you will or might be gone.

check out predents.com and look at the schools info on that website, and see when they were offering interviews. Since everyone on that site put down the date they had an interview, just see what day of the week it is. you will see some trends.

I had three interviews
NYU - Thursday
Temple - Wednesday
USC - Tuesday

its not that simple...some of us have lab courses where you can't really miss lab to go to an interview, or you can only miss 1 or 2 labs a quarter without being dropped from the class. what makes it worse is that for some of us...we have no choice but to take the lab and to take the lab in the fall.

Go talk to the department head of your program or the dean to get an excused absence.

If you go to a big enough school that has mutliple sections, see what you can do about making up the lab. I was able to make up the lab I missed during an evening section the next day. Talk to the coordinator of the lab and explain your situation.

I think the point a lot of us are trying to make it that nothing is guaranteed with interview days. At the time I interviewed with NYU they were only holding interviews on Thursdays, but I have a friend who interviewed about 3 weeks before me when they were only holding interviewed on Fridays. Some schools will offer you almost everyday of the week and we very flexible, other schools will only offer you one day of the week and you have to take it. And that sole day that one school offers will not be the same as the day another school offers. Nothing is guaranteed. Expect to have interviews on every day of the week; And if you are able to arrange it so all your interviews are on a Thursday or whatever, then great, but don't go into the cycle expecting to be able to do that.

two on wed and one on a sunday

I just got my invite to San Antonio and it says their interviews are on Mondays this year. It gave me a specific date and time for my interview, and includes a basic itinerary of events for the day.